Kendama is cool, my wife & I are learning together and she’s crushing it

So yeah, @Yoyo_Garden sent me my first kendama (love that cat)… it’s pretty bada$$… my wife loves it too, and she seems to
be picking up certain elements better than I.

It’s pretty cool. We’re hangin out and learning something together, kiddo’s diggin it too… We got a stack of kendama in, it’s hidden a bunch of the yoyos that came in simultaneously…

that is all…

13 Likes

It’s refreshing. Ozora REShape is my jam right now. Can’t put my finger on exactly why but I dig it

2 Likes

being these are our first, we have

a krom fischer
2 sweets radars
2 sweets fraser sapphire legends, and a sapphire cushion

not sure if i got the names correct

3 Likes

The krom slaydawg shapes are great and their lol finish is a great tacky clear, on the tacky end of the spectrum. The cushion finish on the sweets will give you a taste of both worlds. The cushion clears will make you feel like a pro once you learn how you want to land and start making small adjustments on the catch

2 Likes

Even though they’ve never been eager to try my yoyos, almost all my family members want to give the kendama a try when it comes out!

I recently picked up a Quill Hawk and maaan does it feel nice. I have a Kaizen that I also like but it feels a little stubby in my giant hands

3 Likes

i think the yoyos are a bit more intimidating since i’ve been playing a lot longer. this we’re starting on an even playing field…

my kiddo even got my in-laws to try it out :grin::grin:

3 Likes

I gifted one to my Father in law for Christmas. He and my Mother-in-law have been playing like crazy. Nothing more complicated than spiking it, but they love it!

3 Likes

second day my wife was landing spikes… i have to yoyo just to feel
good about myself again

5 Likes

Hell yeah! Kendama helps train your eyes to be a bit quicker too c: just remember to bend em knees!

3 Likes

that’s been the unique part getting used to, but helps
with rhythm and flow i’m
finding

1 Like

I find that a lot of kendama tricks are closely related to movements in contact juggling.

1 Like

It is a lot more fun when you are playing with someone. It takes a while to learn how to toss the ball into the air so that it pauses at the peak. When you get that down it is much easier to catch.

2 Likes