Keeping the slip knot from rotating while on the finger?

I have this issue with Markmont Cumulus Foam as well. I’ve tried rosin for string instruments and it helps somewhat. I used to use the double through method on Nate’s Instagram. But, it eventually becomes uncomfortably tight.

I’d be curious if anyone has found another rosin that’s similar to Airetics.

1 Like

Can you give me more detailed instructions on how to form the loops? I can’t even do a spin start without worrying about the loop popping off my finger, it really inhibits slack play.

Regular slip knot then create a loop

Finger threw the back

…and almost the to the base of your finger

Pull the sting over the top, toward you.

2 Likes

I have some strings I really love but the slipknot rotating on my finger kept me from using them. I took someone’s advice here about putting bees wax on the string in the area where the slipknot tightens. This Zipline string is the first string I’ve tried this on and after 3 days I am getting no slipknot rotation on my finger. Bees wax sticks are a few bucks and on most racks near check out at supermarkets.

7 Likes

100% beeswax. Clean no mess not sticky doesn’t spread. Just a little bit goes a long ways

2 Likes

staple
Could always try the stapled method :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s dedication! Ouch!

1 Like

I’m having trouble getting my staple to stay can you make a video showing exactly how to do that? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I just purchased this chunk of 100% pure bees wax at the local healthfood / locally-sourced food and products store. The stick of Burt’s Beeswax works fine but on your suggestion I got the real deal. It was $4.99.

1 Like

i just tie a counterweight on all my jojos…regardless if i’m doin’ 5a or not.

just easier to pick it up and roll…imho

mgodzilla

sunny…

1 Like

How does it compare? I want to try something. The double slipknot kind of hurts.

1 Like

I made a video on how to do a double slipknot. It gets super tight which some people dislike…I like it tight though and my finger has gotten use to it. I have almost zero issues with string slippage because of this method.

lol under one of my fingernails in this video…it’s all black. One of my yoyos snapped back at me and nailed me right on the tip of my finger and it hurt like hell! >.<’

2 Likes

I got a bunch of sticks from Amazon for pretty cheap. I use it for wood working mostly but happens to work well in this application. Let me know what you think

1 Like

In my experience, it comes down to tying just the right size loop. If the initial knot is equidistant to the wrap around part, then I feel like the slip knot holds (some strings are more slippery than others, but they can still hold it place). When the loop is too small, I get a lot of twist and the yoyo is difficult to handle. When the loop is too big, you almost have the same issue, because you can’t adequately tighten the knot into place. Something like rosin or beeswax might be good to cement things, but properly tied (and broken in for some nylons), a regular slip knot works just fine.

1 Like