Explained in video

1 Like

What brand/kind of string are you using ? You can buy some rosin which will help a it get a better grip.

If you are using nylon it can get very slippery. Which is a big reason why I avoid it. I usually like a full polyester .

I am not 100% sure but I also think that string thickness can make it hard to get a good grip . I usually use normal thickness rather than fat like everyone else.

The last thing I would say is maybe try and see if a smaller or larger loop will give it enough space for a tighter grip.

Hope that helps

I am using â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  100% polyester type 6 thin string. Its thin and pretty rough which I like. It bites into my skin better than the fatter and softer strings but still having this problem sometimes. It could also be partially due to dry winter making my hands dry. I have also tried smaller and larger loops but doesnt seem to make a difference.

1 Like

Ah very cool thank you!

1 Like

slipping is why I wrap like this…
I started to do this cause I like to play 100% nylon and it’s very slippery. Now it’s just habit cause it works so well. String doesn’t move.

3 Likes

Here’s a suggestion if you’re looking for grip: Try to set up a double slipknot like the one here.
On the left you see a normal slipknot, on the righthand side is a double one. It is made by taking the “A” string and getting it into the loop not once but twice. I use this since years, never had any loosing issue.
Not sure if the picture is clear, I can film a short video.

5 Likes