K guys

jayyo was banned

Really??? Oh, I was wondering where he went

More specially, he was banned AGAIN.

Huh?

Yes, he was banned more than once. The last time, reportedly was permanent. I believe maybe one day, the mods may give him another chance. I’m not sure this is quite on topic, and not the best thing to talk about here, so back on topic…

I’ll miss you Nemyo. If you ever want to brawl, pm me.

It’s a darn shame. I miss Jayyo here he made the forum lively. There was something that he demonstrated ,and that was being himself. That’s what he was best at. In fact ,there was something that he posted that inspired me to be myself ,and it’s still something this forum has forgotten…

"Hey guys.

There is something I want to bring up, and I hope you all can read this with an open mind and come to understanding with what I say.

We find ourselves here, at probably the largest central hub community in the yoyo community. We have players from all over the world coming together in this one central location, to talk about yoyoing, share experiences, make friends, connections, and just to have a good time and friendly environment. You have people of all nationalities, interest, ideas, lifestyles, and while all are different, they all find the connection that yoyoing brings, and it allows everyone to grow closer to each other, and be a supportive group of individuals for the growth of others both inside and outside of the community.

Because we are pretty much the central hub of the yoyo world right now, we find that we get people who have all sorts of beliefs, lifestyles, and interest. It goes beyond the classifications of “nerds” “jocks” “goths” etc from high school, and goes into very diverse types of people who are all totally unique, and some have found similar interest while others find themselves totally individual in their ideas and beliefs.

Sometimes, these unique personalities and interest can clash with anothers, and this can cause tension and debate, but like in the real outside world, we find that quite often, the cause of this result, is failure to understand the viewpoint of another.

One thing that always gets me, is how some can judge someone else for something they believe, are into, do, etc, when they have no understanding of why that person does that “thing”, and they refuse to even try in the slightest bit why the other person does this thing whatever it may be. And in return, this might cause the other individual to lash back, and you end up with a bad situation.

Recently, I have noticed this happening on the forums. People judging others for beliefs and ideas, and failing to understand that within this little world of ours, there are going to be very different ideas and beliefs within. Everyone is different, and has different influences. Even things like where you grow up can affect who you become and what you find yourself into. We need to come to the understanding of this, and learn to accept people for who they are, and while we may not agree with everyones interest and ideas, we can learn to let it live and choose to ignore things if we want, instead of lashing out and bashing those with differing ideas.

I believe that all of us here want to see community growth. We all want to see the yoyo community grow and welcome in people from every region. Part of seeing this happen, is learning to accept people of all kinds. We want this to be a friendly and open community, as this sort of community will attract others to come and be a part of it, and that will go on to others, and continue its growth.

I have talked to many different people who have been put down and judged and discriminated against for their beliefs and activities, Im not singling out one group of people at all. To those that I have talked to, I want to appologize on behalf of the community for the things that have been said to you and acts done to you.
The Otaku
The Metalhead
The Christian
The Buddhist
The Athiest
The Mormon
The Raver
The Goth
The Brony
The Whovian
The Furry
The Straight
The Gay
The Trans
The Werewolf
The Shaman
The Juggler
The Isolator
The Skater
The Trekkie
The Gamer
The Star Player
The Geek
The Artist
The Punk Rocker
The Lolita
The Visual Kei
The Scene kid
The Hipster
The Puppy
The Master
The Vamp
The Gangster
The Hypebeast
The Dancer
The Neko
The Therian
The Otherkin

And there are many more out there.
That list of people is not made up, I have talked to people on the forum and in the chat who are all these things, its really amazing to see how diverse the people are here on this forum! And when you look at these people, you can see that there are obviously LOTS of differing ideas and beliefs here. But you know, I truly believe, that as a community, we can all work together to understand where these individuals are coming from, and learn to accept them and their actions for who and what they are, and not judge, but support.

If we want to see the community growth we want, we gotta take action to make it happen.

And it all starts with coming to the understanding and acceptance of others, cause we are literally, probably the central hub for the new rising yoyo community of the world.

J. "

1 Like

That was an amazing post I whole-heartedly agree with. Thanks for that.

I sometimes leave.

Whatever.

And we miss you dearly.

1 Like

I need to leave, but I can’t. I’m addicted…

"You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

lol what do people mean when they say they’re quitting the forums? It’s an internet website, you don’t have to take an 5 hour journey to get here, you just click on a button. If you want to contribute, you can contribute, if you want to lurk you can lurk. No ones expecting anything from you just because you’re a member. Just because you don’t like an aspect of something you completely quit the whole thing? That attitude isn’t gonna get you anywhere in life.

1 Like