Just got back from Club and I can finally say this :)

From what I’ve heard the Rally and Yeti are incomparable. The only thing in common are they are both made of plastic. I currently have a Yeti on the way and am looking to buy a Rally Ill come back and give some opinions when I receive them!

I’ve got both and you could compare anything of course. But the Rally has metal weight rings and the Yeti is all plastic( glass infused) I like them both. But they are different, one day I’m in a Rally mood one day Yeti. Choices are great!

1 Like

I have a green Rally on the way.
Cant wait:)

…I’ve had both the Rally and Yeti since they released and I find I’m using my Yeti way more than my two Rallys – don’t get me wrong, I love the Rally, it’s easily the smoothest plastic I’ve thrown, it’s just not as much fun for me to throw for some reason. Even though my Yeti has a tiny bit of vibe it plays so unique for a full plastic, super stable, really powerful long spin times, very comfortable in the hand and does exactly what you tell it to.

Can’t wait for the new Yeti colours. ;D

I’ll buy a Yeti eventually probably, but let’s be honest, Yeti should cost $15 at most. Blah blah mold and start-up costs whatever i know, but seriously the price of the Yeti is still insulting. I honestly can’t think of one area where the Yeti is even close to the Rally. Looks? lol no, Yeti is without a doubt one of the ugliest yoyos ever made. Price? Bzzzt no. Play? Smoothness? Availability? Colors? No. Just looking at them you can see the amount of detail and quality in the Rally, the huge amount of time it takes to make all of the pieces, mold then machine the bodies and machine all of the aluminum parts in-house, i honestly have no idea why people pay the money for a Yeti that they do. It’s kind of scary how hype works, although nice if you’re able to capitalize on it.

Amen brotha man! ^

Well, That’s a bit rude.
I think the Yeti is pretty good looking, new colors on the way, availability will be soon, play? Very VERY good, I agree, not worth more than what people are making em seem. like the Peak for yeti crap.

Yes, the rally is good. I get it. I own one. I just don’t have as much fun with it. Sure, it plays very straight forward, competition style yoyo.
I personally, favor yoyos that feel more “fun” than just pure comp.
and Chris is 1 person, OneDrop is several.

It isn’t a fair comparison at all.

1 Like

Honestly, I didn’t like the rally for the first 20min session i had with it.
Probably because the only yoyo I had ever used was a Yelets…but when I went back to it that night to play with it a little longer, I found that it is easily my new favorite throw. Its a little bit slower(which you could expect), feels pretty light even though I think its heavier than the yelets, but damn it plays so smooth. I swapped out the stock 8ball for the 10ball from the yelets and now I cant put it down.

That’s probably fair, and i meant to say that “fun” might be one area where the Yeti bests the Rally. It’s such a subjective category though that it’s hard to say, but there is something to be said about a yoyo that just feels good to throw regardless of value, performance, looks, etc. I don’t find the Rally to be boring though, it’s actually got a bit of character. Honestly the clear rally from Nats is one of the best looking yoyos i’ve ever seen, regardless of material and price, so really looking forward to grabbing one of those, and yeah i have no doubt that Chris will eventually make more attractive Yetis(dat clear blue proto) at lower price points as the market will get saturated quick at the current colors and prices imo.

what’s with all the hate…

Seriously the yeti is awesome… I don’t see why people are bashing it. The rally is awesome too.

I got to play the Yeti at Nationals. Someone let me try theirs. It was really good. I liked it. I will buy one once the colored ones release.

However, I have the Rally and it’s a better fit for me.

Preferences, nothing more, nothing less.

I don’t get why these yoyos can’t exist together and be bought and played like every other yoyo. Why so much controversy? When the yetis come out (if they’re ever get released after all the whining that’s been going on) try one if you want and move on with your life. That’s all there is to it. I’ve owned both, and they are both INCREDIBLE yoyos and both deserve the same amount of love and attention.

These 2 GREAT companies have worked hard developing something that they all want us to enjoy. They don’t have to do anything for us. They don’t owe us anything. They just like making cool stuff, and then share with us the cool stuff they make. Just enjoy the yoyos. That’s what we’re all supposed to do.

3 Likes

Thank You So much Alex.
Finally, someone who isn’t hating due to hype.
Honestly, if you don’t like it No need to consistently bash it!
People are either saying, OMG the yeti is so over hyped, it’s not that good etc, maybe it isn’t you kind of yoyo, or you’re biased? Anything is possible.

One mans trash is another mans treasure :slight_smile:

1 Like

So happy together!!!

2 Likes

We have a matching couple!
Lets Schedule a Play date ;3

Anyone let me know if you have a Yeti for trade ;D

This is exactly what I mean. I have a rally, I love it to death. I’ve used a yeti and it was great. Even if I prefer the feel of one, I can’t say that the one I dislike is BAD. I can say I don’t like it for reasons X Y and Z, but performance is performance.

Lets not get carried away here. These companies exist to make money. We do not need to create some romantic illusion about yoyo companies. There is already enough of that.

As for the voicing of opinions, I am all for it. How can any attention be bad for either brand? It is not rude to post your opinion; just courageous.

1 Like

^^^
Correction,
These companies exist because they have engineered some of the best stuff there is for this sport.
Not just for money, it’s much more than that.
Years of engineering school, and life long careers of machining that ended up doing what they love.
Money can’t buy the excitement and energy that comes with seeing people enjoy a new design that makes them happy.
There are no romantic illusions at all.

9 Likes