Jensen Is Having A Really Hard Time RN

His presence on Instagram has been pretty revealing lately. He’s not doing so good, and I wish there was something that could be done.

It’s like a midlife crisis of sorts. He doesn’t feel like he has anything to contribute to the community. It’s like he is coming to terms with the fact that he has had his hayday and now it is time to reassess what life means for him. He deleted his last post, which was really painful to read.

We need to pray for our brother Jensen, or send him good thoughts or vibes or whatever it is you do. I have experienced a lot of the things that he has been expressing lately, and I know how suffocating it can be. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

It pains me to see him being so real. I might not understand exactly what he’s going through, but I can imagine. And I’m sure that many of you can too.

If any of you feel led to reach out to him, I encourage you to do so. I can’t imagine this community without him, and I can’t imagine this world without him. It’s getting pretty bad y’all, let’s show him some love.

26 Likes

Send him a pic of your signed yo-yo and tell him what it, and his presence / videos / art, means to you!

Not sure if anyone can connect you with his actual email, I don’t view Instagram as a way to meaningfully connect with others, I mean can you even write someone a long message that way?

10 Likes

You can DM for long form convo on Instagram.

I’ve seen what he’s been posting on IG, and I agree. It sucks to see someone I looked up to as a kid struggling so badly, my heart goes out to him.

I remember seeing his 2010 BAC freestyle when I was 10 or 11, and it lit a spark in me to yoyo like he did.

Forever greatful to Mr Kimmit.

9 Likes

On Twitter DM is off by default though unless someone specifically follows you? So you can DM anyone on Instagram any time?

1 Like

I have had instances where certain people blocked personal messaging on Instagram, even people that I actually follow and that follow me back. I have on the other hand messaged Jensen personally. In the past and even today. I don’t know if other people can though.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on one of his combos that interested me over the past week, so to say the least, even if he isn’t directly impacting the community going forward, his legacy has and still is impacting the community. I still find myself always going back to one of his signature yoyos, the Wooly Marmot 2. Hope he gets through this rough patch, thoughts are with him.

2 Likes

When you DM on Instagram and you don’t follow each other it goes to a request box where you can either decline it, or accept it and talk more.

So yes and no, haha

2 Likes

from time to time i send him messages on facebook and he’s always polite, patient with my questions. might wanna PM him to see if that works? or dos it work like what @JohnnyJ said, with the request box and all?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty much that easy. I’ve talked to him a couple of times through pm on Instagram. I talked to him today for a little bit, he’s just a bad place. This really sucks

I feel like he knows exactly how the community feels about him, and I can’t help but feel like it is somehow making all of this worse.

3 Likes

I wish he just took some serious time off the internet in general. He will forever be a hero for the community, and we all can wait for him to feel better.

6 Likes

Basically. The dm system on IG is kind of like Facebooks messenger system.

The young kids call it “sliding into DMs”

I may or may not be one of those young kids

4 Likes

Not too long ago, he said this would be his last year of being involved with yo-yos, in any big way at least. He said he was moving on to art.

I don’t think it would matter what he was accomplishing right now, or where he “stood” in the hierarchy of yo-yoing. He’d probably feel pretty much just as bad.

He was going through a bad time a few years ago, and I started a thread just like this back then. I talked him to through FB, and I don’t know if I helped, but he got out of the woods for a while.

He’s always so open on FB, and I guess IG. Hopefully that gives him some sort of therapeutic benefit. Maybe knowing how valued he is will help.

8 Likes

What’s his Instagram?

He’s been using the a-rt page

3 Likes

Thanks bud

2 Likes