Jake's Strings Review.

So Big Yoyo ( http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=18820 ) recently made a thread asking for string testers… And I jumped at it, because hey, free string.

I must say… I was surprised with the quality. I got an envelope and it had three strings, one white, one blue, and one orange. I opted to use the white first.

First Thoughts:

The colors are nice. The white is very white… It made me want to go have my teeth whitened. The Orange was nice and vibrant, and the blue was, well it was blue… I’m not a fan of blue string.

One thing I liked is that Jake doesn’t pre-tie loops in his string. Its not a big deal, but its nice to be able to tie it how you want it.

One thing I didn’t like was the length. I didn’t mention my taste in string length to Jake. I guess I’ve been spoiled by YYE’s which come at the perfect length for me. Jake’s are probable about two inches shorter. I’ve been talking to him in PM’s for the last few days and he’s very friendly, and I’m sure he would be willing to accommodate to your tastes.

Final Thoughts:

I really enjoy this string. It feels great on your fingers. Its soft, and doesn’t seem to tear up your hands much.

It also has this bouncy quality. I really like that. It softens the impact when the yoyo hits the end of the string.

I noticed it does require a bit of breaking in before it holds string tension well, but it lasts a while. I was reading on the forums about peoples string usage, and alot of them say they change strings every couple of hours. This really isn’t the case for me. One YYE string for me usually lasts for about 4-5 days, if not a whole week. Jake’s strings lasted just as long, and held up quite well. I never broke one, and never had any major fraying problems. The slipknot also stays nice and tight through play, which is a serious plus!

All in all, these are some quality strings. He said he isn’t selling just yet, but he said he had some plans to sell in bulk. He threw out the price of $20 for 100 strings. That’s a great price for homemade strings. These weren’t firm prices, and are subject to change of course.

If you’re looking for something new, and want a good quality string, I’d recommend PM’ing Big Yoyo

Yes it is very nice string holds tension very well