It's hard to read this ignorance...

Like Nardcopter said, for people who haven’t seen what a professional yoyoer’s routine looks like, it seems like someone is just swinging around some metal between strings. Of course they think it’s stupid because they have no idea whats going on and how much skill it actually takes.

Those are the type of people that try out skiing, fall once, say the snow and mountain are stupid, and quit.

I know it’s ok. It’s just hard to believe there are a lot of people that think like this in society today where there is a niche for just about anything you could possibly imagine. I just can’t help but wonder what some of these people do in their free time. Maybe drinking, watching TV or spending hours sitting in a tree-stand in the freezing cold leads to the promise land?

That really had my LOLing because I’ve seen things like that happen. lmao

summary of all comments on the majority of the Internet.

Don’t forget the part where they tell everyone to make sure they are popular.

Sometimes people will say the most hurtful thing they can when they are upset. Some will regret it, some won’t. I just try to skip over the hateful stuff, because when I focus on it, I find that it influences me. I don’t have any room in my life for that noise.

uh at least it wasn’t you… I have had better on my channel I have gotten a comment once saying “you look like a girl” talk about ignorance. The dude didn’t even consider I was a girl.

Also that woman is really that smart because yeah it looks easy but she probably doesn’t even know how much of an effort it takes. Plus if she is really saying that I bet you anything that child is playing video games all day. sigh

i wish she was mine so I could slap her once or twice

I don’t have any kids, but I’m more than old enough to. Being secure with yourself is one of the most important qualities you can develop in life. I love yoyos, but I’m old enough to understand that discussing things like this with the general public is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what your last move was, the pigeon is just going to kick over all the pieces, cr@p all over the board, and strut around like its victorious.

2 Likes

It’s the internet, there isn’t anything in the internet that does not receive incredible amounts of insults.

I love your analogy! :smiley:

This really is a shame, yet comments like these are very common.
For this situation, I am sure this woman sees yoyoers spending time to compete as a waste and doesn’t want her son to be tis way.
What she DOESN’T understand (or so I assume) is that it doesn’t matter where you end up in life, so long as you find your passion in life and become satisfied in what you do. Sure, yoyoers spend alot of time on a hobby that gives little to no pay. However, I am sure every contestant and spectator at worlds (myself included :slight_smile: ) had a great time at worlds.
And I don’t mean to bash this woman, I am sure she is a good person and would reconsider what she had said after giving it some thought. ;D

Why would you want to slap your own mother? :smiley:

Also, I’ve been trouble quoting quotes, as seen here. I’ve also had trouble elsewhere. Anyone else having this problem?

In all honesty, 90% of yahoo games audience are casual gamer moms that play 4+ hours a day.
I hardly see how that’s better spending of your time.
People just like to comment random insults on the internet.

Mods changed the way we quote things to reduce clutter.

2 Likes

Didn’t read through the whole thread…

Could not contain my comment…

This “human being” isn’t raising her children, she is instead glued to her computer (Cheeto fingered) ignoring any and all parental responsibility.

End rant.

Insert a word that sums up my disappointment in humanity

Meh?

It’s sad but this is what some people call entertainment. Sitting on the computer for hours. Searching the Internet for their next thing to ridicule gives them some mystical high. All behind the protection of a computer screen. I understand this. So I go outside and throw yoyo, spend less time reading such comments. They do nothing for me.