It has a pleasant sound

I don’t know if it’s just me but I have been noticing that each of my yoyos has its own unique sound.

For instance, I enjoy the sounds my Halberd makes when I’m playing with it. I can’t say that it is my go-to yoyo but when I do use it I just love its sound.

So which yoyo do you enjoy playing because of its sound?

8 Likes

Tinman. Always the tinman for sound. Just a constant low hum.

4 Likes

Freehand Ti. Something about the titanium and the caps is very pleasing

5 Likes

I don’t have any Ti’s, but my 7075 throws all have such a beautiful ring to them and that ping! on a good bind is super satisfying to my ears.

4 Likes

The Shawn exploder

1 Like

I’m not sure about favourite but The Murmur from Unspoken is the quietest yo-yo in my collection, virtually dead silent (coincidental given the name). Plays like a dream if you like chilled gentle flow.

2 Likes

The iYoYo Titanic has the sweetest ring to it that I’ve ever hear out of a yoyo. Everytime it knocks off a finger, string, or I do a bind; it brings a smile to my face. When I buy a Ti it’s usually just for the sound not the performance. Luckily the Titanic has both.

4 Likes

I honestly think that a big part of what draws me to many modern D-bearing throws is their distinctive hum. C bearings just don’t sing like Ds do.

Can list a few throws here. FD Rooster, Moldy Bread, and Canary, GWAY Saboteur, ZG Basilisk, Sturmpanzer D-Starter 2. They don’t sound exactly the same, but in the same ballpark.

7 Likes

The cup I think sometimes has a lot to do with this . All my A-rt make a loud ring because of it. I think this is also why they play so light on the string that bowl shape seems to give it a unique weight distribution that allows for stability without overwhelming rim weight.

3 Likes

RSO derti has a very distinct transcendental hum to it.

4 Likes

Still beating myself up for missing that drop!

3 Likes

I actually select yoyos based in part on how they sound! My budget prevents me from owning Ti and I haven’t picked up a 7000 series yet, but my favorite sounding yoyo I own is my K.O.! Sort of a medium-pitch muted bell sound on the bind.

Ivan

3 Likes

RBC has a nice little ring to it while sleeping.

5 Likes

Said this too many times here, but FAFB The Vow is like a little bell when you bind. For sound while spinning, pretty much anything with an audible bearing or that fixed axle whizzing sound is comforting,

1 Like

Dressel Designs Assassin makes all kinds of beautiful little rings and chings and thrings. Probably a trait of stainless but I don’t have any other stainless throws to say.

4 Likes

The most pleasant sound i got from my 000 BTM, it simply sings while spun!

2 Likes

Second this!

1 Like

I have one of these coming… I was hoping the BTM would sing like the regular 000…

1 Like