Issues when horizontal yoyo

Hello!

Recently I have been landing the fingerspins with my Bullseye and my V10 magicyoyo (really underrated) but yesterday turns out every time i land a fingerspin it turns responsive and comes really fast to my throwing hand. Sometimes hurt a lot!!! I wonder why is this happening?

Thanks in advance
Javier

3 Likes

Clean your bearing…. And/or change to a slightly thinner string…. Or just try a new string.

Watch your string tension and also try to keep the yo-yo ‘tight’ at the end of the string. If your tension is on the ‘loose’ side and you move too slow and allow a little slack in the string, sometimes the yoyo will ‘bite’ and come back in ‘a hurry’. Bamn!

Try to keep the string centered in relation to the gap of the yo-yo. Horizontal can obviously get you out of plane as you transition from segment to segment, but you have to concentrate on good alignment to keep the yoyo from locking up and flying back at your hand.

2 Likes

I dont want it to come back to my hand until I bind!!

Cleaned my bearing with pro tools (I was a pro skater once) but will definetly try a thinner string. The thing is that 1 week before it didn’t happen and I think is my mistake so I will try your tips

Huh… I didn’t know Pro Tools could clean bearings too. May have to finally switch over from Logic Pro.

(bad musician joke sorry)

3 Likes

In yoyoing the bearing have to be free from lube.

It has no lube in it. The bearing is in a good condition, happens to 2 different yoyos, pretty new both of them

Is it responsive any other time than the finger spin? You have yo make sure the string doesnt touch the yoyo while you finger spin, so maybe its that. If not, honestly not sure without video.

Does it response when you throw it not horizontal? Just like throw it down and hop it up in the air and see if the string is getting pulled around the bearing or if it actually responds.

that’s the thing. NEVER acts reponsive while playing no horizontal