Is Yoyo a Sport to you?

I broke a sweat doing laundry, but that ain’t no sport!

First I will definitely sport to ME: An activity where speed, accuracy, stamina and competition are combined with physical strain using mind and entire body with a very defined end goal.
Yoyoing to ME is a skilled activity that requires little physical strain (yes there are exceptions), I don’t use my whole body, there is no defined end goal, there is no competition (for most of yoyoing), speed is not necessary.

Sorry, yoyoing is not a sport. It is a skill, a hobby, art. I also don’t think fishing, juggling or cup stacking is a sport either.

And from above if someone ask you if you play any sports and your reply is yes I dribble a basketball…they are going to laugh their butt off at you! While dribbling is part of basketball, dribbling is not the sport. The sport is the game of basketball.

2 Likes

It’s a spobby? Some may take it as a sport, especially at competitive level (which I understand). Sportsmanship can apply here in the same way as it would apply in any traditional sport (accepting your loss, being respectful to your competition, etc).

To me, it’s an art, performing art, and a hobby. I don’t compete, just throw recreational, and as a means of relaxation. Yoyo got me through stressful times at the old job and through a really rough 2016 while having lost a family member one day, and a pet the very next day. I also like collecting different types of yoyos.

2 Likes