Is this legit?

https://shoplazza.ru/product/386459437823

@G2_Jake

1 Like

Nope, that has all the red flags of a scam website.

2 Likes

Idk how I even found that site. Just randomly did and was like 11 mongooses seems sus haha

Yep that’s one of the clearest signs. Another is that it’s supposedly a Russian website but that there’s no Russian yoyos on there and simply searching for “Shoplazza + Scam” seals the deal in terms of being a scam :wink:

I can’t even go to that link without intentionally bypassing security settings I have setup on my network and devices. I would say that’s enough to not consider such a site but if it looks to good to be true it is.

1 Like

I would say from a simple logical point of view, but it’s hard enough to get one of those yo-yos especially in that color way. This site says it has 11 in stock. That would be like saying you have a half a dozen levi peaks, Mint in box for $150 each… L O L O LOL!

Hey… I got a bright idea…. it happens occasionally.>

Why not ask Jake what he thinks about this situation? Seems reasonable to figure that he’d be an excellent source of separating fact from fantasy when it concerns his yo-yos.

That was the one sold on eBay a week or two ago. @MattC owns it now.

i saw couple of these sites a good while ago pop up when searching for some out of stock yoyos and they would give a discount, the kind that’d put you on the fence but ultimately its too good to be true. 100% scam. check trust scores and google their rep and itkk rise enough flags to confirm your suspicion. good deals can come every once in a while but from a known source and site, not an entire site of unheard of retailers.

Scam. Do not buy.

5 Likes

Those are Ryan Campbells pictures for sure

My goose looks fantastic.

I wouldnt buy it because im not shipping it.

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Here she is though. :fire::fire::fire:

12 Likes

Matt sings to it
:musical_note: never gonna let you go
I’m gonna hold you in my arms forever🎵

2 Likes

Def wasn’t gonna buy it. Just curious if Jake had mob ties out in Russia mostly haha

1 Like

I got scammed from a website looked just like that. Week after I bought the yoyo that never came they charged my credit card $3000 bucks.lol. Straight up. admittedly it was an a-rt throw, a sparrow to be exact, from some “discountshop” something or another , looked just like that website

These are the stories I was looking for. Sorry to hear man hope the credit card people were cool

Yeah I got the flow back no problem lol I been waiting for a moment to tell that story.

Lmao maybe you saved someone else the misfortune. The link has got 50 clicks+ lol

I would hope! If I remember right it was discountbloc.ru :man_facepalming: So I think a russian site… people have called it out in Reddit before , I just was being dumb dumb. And I used a credit card which I shouldn’t have done also. Haha.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.