Is this a scam?

I can’t tell if this is a scam or not I cinda want to order this just to see if it is. oh yeah, also this camera retails for $650 33%20PM

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

8 Likes

When it comes to stuff like this, I STRONGLY believe in the saying that goes something like “if it looks to good to be true, it probably is.”

I wouldn’t touch this with a 2,000 foot pole personally.

–edit–
threebearrries beat me to it!

6 Likes

If it retails for 650$ and they sell it for 69$ I would not take the risk. Probably if not sure it is a scam xD

6 Likes

Wow great minds think alike :wink:

5 Likes

If you can pay with PayPal you can take the risk. If it is a scam PayPal refunds you the money

2 Likes

I will think about this if I buy this and it is a scam I will let yall know

3 Likes

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/runern.com

12 Likes

Sometimes companies put wrong prices on their website. I dont know if they have to honor it, but I would guess they normally do. If you can pay with PayPal, then maybe, it’s up to you. Maybe this is what happened, maybe not.

2 Likes

I was thinking that too, seems like they forgot a zero.

1 Like

FJust a heads up, if you “buy” that, you’ll never see the camera and you’ll never get your money back.

5 Likes

I’m almost 100 percent sure it’s a scam.

2 Likes

Why would you want to buy something at price that’s obviously not remotely close to retail and hope it’s not a scam? Don’t touch that, it’s a scam.

4 Likes

C’mon youngin…

2 Likes

I recently got into cameras and can tell you that I haven’t heard of this site nor think it’s a legit deal. Keh has good deals on used equipment if you’re interested.

1 Like

the biggest thing to me is that the website itself just looks sketch. like I could make that in ms paint in a few minutes. also if it was real the site owner would get infinitely better results on another website than the one he made on wix in a few minutes. facebook, reddit, or eBay would have those gone in seconds if it were real why bother making a website to sell camera equipment

1 Like

well in that case never mind thanks for that

1 Like

I have spent a LOT of money on camera gear over the years and there are only a few places that I ever send my money. Aside from a few smaller specialty/physical stores, I can pare the list down to just:

Amazon
B&H
Adorama
KEH

If you find a price that is more than 5-10% under what those companies are selling something for, it is 100% not legit.

3 Likes

Craigslist, Facebook marketplace are the places with the DEALS

Works better if you live in a major city as opposed to the boonies

1 Like