is there better string than kitty string normal?

100 Kitty strings: $16.00, 100 premium strings: $50-$70+. Kitty String for life. Kitty also just came out with their 1.5(nylon/poly blend), XL(1 above fat), and XXL(1 above XL). Something for everyone there. Best of all it’s consistent and you never have to worry about them going away and leaving you without the string you’ve acclimated to. I was a huge Kitty nylon fan, but lately the fat has just been doing it for me, especially because the color is so vibrant, just amazing, the nylon yellow is less vibrant, and seems to dull quicker than the normal and fat. Gonna pick up some fat, XXL, and 1.5 as soon as i find some more stuff to buy to save on overseas shipping.

Would love to hear how the 1.5 is.

It’s good they came out with XL, but not sure about XXL! Definitely when I first bought some Fat, I thought to myself, “Ain’t all that fat” (which doesn’t matter since I turned out to love it, but it was just an observation). Hopefully the XL fits that bill now. If the XXL is into “Metz Thick” territory, that’s just a bit too fat for me.

lol yeah buying it only as a curiosity. Guessing it’s more geared towards offstring play. Even the fat gets me in the knuckles occasionally on a surprise return.

I hear you on the curiousity thing. I have dozens of strings that will never be used because they were curiousity buys!

Kitty fat poly is just about fat enough for me so I could probably do without the Kitty XL and the XXL is a definite no-go for me. That 1.5 nylon has me curious though.

Yuki

Kitty is for people who have no money but need a cheap decent sring. If you want the premium stuff YYSL and toxic is where it’s at! Im not a fan of kitty, candy wires, etc. Lots of strings are better, I find kitty whips poorly, doesntlastlong,
doesnthold tension well, it just does the job but no more.

It’s all preference. My favorite string I’ve tried is YYSL type X and one of the old Gstring types (intentus maybe). I’d sort of like to try Ammo and the current Gstring type (solo?) but I want to use up my old string first. Still have quite a bit of Gstring and YYSL type 2/X and Chaos 422/622 even. Still trying to use up my last 100 pack of YYN highlights on my plastics. I’d say I want to “use up” my Dragon string but it seems nearly indestructible (it was the only string I used on some yoyos I played a lot for what seemed like weeks and I’ve only had to throw 1 away) and I grew tired of how poorly it held proper string tension despite really liking how it played with some yoyos.

Some people seem to like Kitty because it’s inexpensive so they can change it a lot. I think changing strings a lot is tedious and I’m a bit obsessive with making sure my string is the exact length I want it to be so I like it to last a while. I’m also not a huge fan of the single neon colors. White is my favorite by far because it matches well with darker solid color and earthy tone patterened yoyos for a simple and clean look, and Kitty does offer white. They don’t offer my second favorite which is wacky mixed colors that match well with a specific yoyo (and how I have way too many Chaos strings from years ago).

Yeah but who needs premium stuff? I can do any trick with any string and enjoy it just the same. I just happen to find kitty nylon is the most comfortable whip speed for me, plus it lasts for days.

For me its about feel and kitty is uncomfortable and rough. I love ammo and metz string

You dont. I was just saying. It’s a want, not a need. I can use the rough unwhippy yye poly until it snaps for my whole career and I’ll be fine, but I choose to use the more premium strings, it’s a choice :slight_smile: but tbh if you have the money why not spend a little more on a better string instead of the standard, that’s how I think of it.

Big Yoyo String is better than Kitty! If you are looking for something similar, try our Candy string. It is cheap ($3 a pack) and comes in bright neon colors. It manages tension fantastically. Or, if you are looking to get a little more wild you could try one of our many other string types like Slix, Panther, or Fat Chicks!