Is the YYF Pragma still a good throw today?

(CONTEXT)
i’ve been back to yoyoing since i stopped in 2017 and i’ve been using my old yoyo, it’s an auldey yoyo made out of aluminum and it’s decent, but it just doesn’t have the spin power that i need to learn a combo, and it keeps tilting when it started to slow down, so in the middle of the combo it just tilts and died on the string, i tried changing the bearing and it didn’t help at all, so i went looking to buy a used yoyo in facebook marketplace and found a YYF Pragma for 28$, with a few dings

(BACK TO THE QUESTION)
is a pretty old bimetal yoyo with a few ding still better than modern plastic yoyo(Speedaholic XX, plastic Luftverk)?

Yyf a may zing sale is this month. Lots of b grades and deals. Very likely some Bimetal YoYo’s in your price range coming up. Also June we got national YoYo day and Duncan and everyone else do some of the best sales of the year

1 Like

i’m not sure about buying from YYF themselves because the shipping’s gonna be more expensive than the yoyo itself, i’m located in Indonesia so import’s gonna be an issue, i could probably look at my local yoyo shop to see if they celebrate “National” yoyo day in june

A $28 pragma with a few dings is perfectly serviceable and will outperform newer cheaper stuff so long as it isn’t vibing hard or broken

4 Likes

The Pragma is a fantastic yoyo. Buy with confidence in terms of design. As long as its not string vibe you should be all good with some nail vibe :slight_smile:

I myself am not a huge fan of yyf and would much rather have a mint shxx than a b grade pragma.

wdym serviceable? are you talking about fixing the dings? sorry english isn’t my first language

and why is that? is yoyo technology have been advancing in a rapid rate that a new plastic yoyo could outperform an old and used bimetal yoyo? or you’re talking about preference?

The shxx is just more fun to play imo.

I’d buy a $28 Pragma…

Speedaholic XX is great…for a plastic.

decided to go with the pragma

1 Like