Is the Superwide a Novelty or is it actually good?

I loved mine. No complaints about it.
Unfortunately, i gave it to my old girlfriend. So its gone forever.

I say its a good player. But some will say different, I Throw mine all the time. I like it alot.

Got the mystery bag, and the superwide is definitely pretty fun. Itā€™s pretty functional, smooth, and a good player. Itā€™s just wide.

Iā€™m here for ya.
<3

I got my mystery bag and it proved me wrong I will never ask this question again it is truly a fun yoyo to throw and almost as smooths as any other yoyo

I also like mine. It is a bit weird to get used to but it doesnā€™t take that long to do so.

I guess it could also be his style, but from the looks of it itā€™s just a slower more floaty type of throw.

I donā€™t see it as novelty. I see it as another tool for another styles of play. Iā€™ve only tried the Superwide once but I like its stability. Pretty nice.

I beg to differ. The whistle has this floatiness, and has a nice sound when being played!

Personally, I also prefer the Wet Whistle. If you like wide, I would also consider the Stampede.

Jason

I seldom have more than 1 of any kind of yoyo that I donā€™t think much of.

I donā€™t have a SuperWide, just because I never got one.

And that is probably because I just happened to get a Monster firstā€¦ and then another and another, etc.

Now I have 4 Monsters. < Flowable silicone and Centertracs and to me they are a real Blast!

Wiiiide Yoyos are no novelty; thatā€™s for sure.

I also have 2 Stampedes and 3 Zeus yoyos.

Functionalilty is primarily a focus of an Individuals needs.

Wide yoyos just add another arrow to your quiver.

1 Like

I have the Miracle which is pretty much the same thing, as Studio42 mentioned. I got it as my first metal yo-yo and it was a bit odd at first, yet from my experience it helped me with learning how to land the string more consecutively at first compared to using a slimmer shaped yo-yo.

Is it novelty though, that is a good question. The super wide shape is not my favorite shape for complex string tricks even if it is possible with some adjustment(such as using longer string). For whipping tricks, horizontal, and fast hopping though itā€™s like having training wheels. If you like it, you like it, I suppose.