Is the nine dragons yo-yo worth the money?

Seriously though, I’m debating whether I should buy it or not. I feel like it’s kind of more of a novelty throw, if you know what I mean.

5 Likes

Sure it’s a novelty. Any yoyo that doesn’t have two fixed halves and an axle that’s fixed or bearing is a novelty. Really small, really large, really wide are all novelties.

Is it worth the money? I dunno, how much money do you have? If it’s going to be the only yoyo you can buy for a while I’d probably not suggest it. If you have income that allows you to buy multiple yoyos then go for it.

9 Likes

Everyone says it is loud, so that in itself turns me off from it. Looks like a fun gimmicky yoyo though.

2 Likes

Defo a non-comp throw as is. It’s fun, and I personally like it, but honestly it should be less expensive. If you want one, get one 2nd hand, because it’s not one of those you’d use extensively unless you really grow to like it. As of now I don’t see a reason to get one full price.

5 Likes

Yes definitely this. I’d even recommend trying one someone else owns first, before buying second hand. But if you can find a used one for cheap and you’re curious, go for it.

I definitely appreciate the engineering effort and novelty – companies should try new things! – but I personally call the 9 dragons a failed experiment.

3 Likes

I like YYF but I have to be honest with this, I’m not a fan at all. I couldn’t play it anywhere in public as it was so loud & heads would turn every time I threw it. Spin time was average at best and being able to hold the yoyo body gets old real quick. The only upside I can think of is finger spinning: might actually be good for learning them as you can place the yoyo on your finger without any skill. Better off with a skyva though imo $$$

4 Likes

gets a tad boring but it’s unique

3 Likes