is the c13 a good yo?

I was wondering if the c13 would be a good yoyo. i’m just a bit spectacle because of all the critics saying how the gap is so huge and all the rim weight. i don’t want and vibe either… so?
should i get it?

then there’s always the boss, but i get the impression that the boss is a good yoyo but more for looks… help me out here

The Boss is AMAZING.
However its all up to preference.
The C13’s shape is radical, while the boss is around the 888 shape.
It’s up to what you like most.

What Matt said… It’s going to be what you like better in the end.

Having played both, I can tell you that they each offer their own uniqueness. Both are awesomely smooth (they’re made by YYF so of course they are).

If you can, try them both out. See what you like better. Some people don’t like the steep angle the C13 offers in the catch zone. The BOSS is more traditional in shape and is very comfortable in the hand.

Hope this helps out! Let us know what you end up with O0

To help us, what yoyos have you played with before?
The shapes are ALOT different.
C13’s are really unforgiving on a bad throw, so if your throws are weak, it might not be the best for you.

thanks guys those were really helpfull.

i do think i’m leaning towards the BOSS. it’s really cool looking and seems like a good yo.
i’ve only used the new breed. i really like it! it’s been my best bud for beginning to learn more intermediate tricks. so i know that with the c13 hard throws isn’t a problem. i can really huck a yoyo :wink:
i’m thinkin in the end i’ll get the BOSS. but which one do you like more saying that you have used both?

I hope you enjoy your new yoyo! I know you’ll like a lot better than your New Breed.
I’ve honestly never been disapointed with a YYF yoyo yet! And I’ve tried Boss, VK, 888 classic, 09 888, 888x, Severe, Frantic, Hectic, Dv888, Loop 720, Velocity, Fast 201, Fast 401sd, Lunatic, MVP, Tactic, Speed Dail, G5, 09 G5, PGM, ProtoStar, GM2, G5+, Superstar and Genesis.

I love them all! You CAN NOT go wrong with YYF! CAN NOT. NEVER. NEVER EVER.

Not possiple.

Try to figure out what the above says.

thanks man! so is the BOSS a good one?

Boss is another word for BEAST.
Really its Smooth.
and awesome.
The C13 wouldnt be a good choice since you have only played with a new breed and the C13’s shape is WAY different.

It’s really fantastic. It plays so fast and agile, while maintaining extremlely long spins, extreme stability and smoothness, and is dead unresponsive with the tightest of tight binds. You’ll love it. ;D

You’ve had so many “is this better than that” topics within the last few days, I’m not sure you’ve really narrowed it down quite enough for yourself to commit to a single purchase. I have noticed though that the BOSS has seemed to come up in each of your threads, and I have to say that you can’t go wrong with that, and it’s a really unbelievable throw. If it helps and you haven’t done so already, I have written reviews for both the DV888 and the BOSS so feel free to check them out. Hopefully they’ll help aid your decision between those two as they’re both fairly in depth and I make it my goal to make sure that by the time you’re done reading my reviews, you feel like you’ve already thrown them.

Also, to clarify about what was said earlier about the C13, what he meant by it is unforgiving is that you will have a hard time leveling it out if your throw is bad and the yo-yo ends up landing crooked and/or wobbly. I haven’t played with it before, but from all of my reading, I think it’s safe to say that basically it will make a ‘bad’ throw seem ‘worse’ and a ‘good’ throw seem ‘better,’ but it has nothing to do with how hard you can throw it, it’s much more an issue of straightness. Can you land a trapeze strongly and dead straight without having to correct it, and/or can you get through Skin the Gerbil comfortably without it spinning out? Those are some pretty good tests to judge your level of proficiency in that area, and in turn decide if the C13 is something you can work with.

To add my personal opinion, out of those you’ve suggested, I’d say the BOSS seems to be your gut instinct, and it’s your best choice so far. I’m really not a fan of intensely angular shapes, and I like at least a little bit of center weight in my yo-yos, so the C13 is generally ruled out for me. Also, do you have a certain price range you’re trying to stick with? Because if you have the option to go higher in price, I know that the Skyline is an incredible throw, offering a little bit of everything. I don’t want to throw this out to make your search even more difficult, but currently I’m stuck between the Skyline and the BOSS for my favorite throws. I haven’t had a single bad experience yet with YoYoFactory (with their actual yo-yos anyway… make sure you have a spare bearing on hand just in case :-), so I’m sure you’ll be more than satisfied with whatever choice you make.

As the owner of a C13, I can say that it is a good yoyo. However, it is indeed unforgiving, and about half of my throws are really vibey. I really like the shape, but that’s just me. All of the choices mentioned are great yoyos, but also, try to look at other companies. One Drop, BBYY, SPYY, YYJ, Duncan, etc…

thanks for all of your help everyone. but i’m going to go with the boss

i already have a purple splash C13 and i think its a great yoyo. im getting a Augie Fash Boss for christmas, its upstairs in the wardrobe so im not allowed to play it yet. let us know what you think about it. i know there are already some reviews on here about it but its defo good to hear other peoples oppinions aswell.

hope you enjoy your new throw, i know i cant wait.

And,

im going to SRC this weekend and im gunna be getting either a pistolero, Mary, Falcon or th special edition queen bassalope. cant decide which one to get yet. ill have to try them out. but please feel free to give me your opinions. i dont want advice on which one to buy, ill make my own mind up, JUST OPINIONS!!!

YES

and one more think about the boss, does it have good spin times, and do well on the string with speed?
because if i get this, it will be the yoyo i plan on learning the more expert/master tricks with. i want it to be able to get the job done. so will it? ???

Almost every yoyo with a bearing will spin plenty long enough to give good “sleep times.”

When you’re looking into these high quality YYF metals, you’re well beyond anything you’d ever need to get through any of Andre’s tricks on this site. I made it all the way to master and beyond using a Dark Magic and a Hitman. You’re currently using a New Breed right? Work on your throw and put in some good practice hours because you already have more than enough to carry you through.

A good metal won’t make your spin time longer or your yo-yo suddenly land these complex string maneuvers. They’re just tools to enhance the skills that are already there. If you throw it well, it will spin long, and if you make it move fast, it will move fast on the string.

Excellent choice, though, if you’ve really made up your mind. I know you won’t be disappointed. Just don’t try and substitute the new yo-yo for the long hard practice time, because at the end of the day, that’s what it really takes.

thanks ratfacedudeguy, you always give such good critic.
on the down side, yoyo expert is out of BOSS and same with yoyonation, i was really set on getting a red and gold BOSS. Along with “missing pink” string, which i can only find at yoyonation. i seems like they are always out of the goods.
any sites you could suggest?
you seem like a legend ::slight_smile:

oh and btw, what setup would i have to buy in order to modify just a normal dv888 for hub stacks?

You would have to do some crazy modding.
Could damage your yoyo.
Ask a modder.