Is OT string good?

Lots of strings are sold out right now such as kitty fat and Sochi(I only use yellow). So I was thinking of giving some OT strings a go, how are the normal ones?
Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I would say they’re similar to kitty string, but I’ve only received kitty string as a sample or with other yo-yos, so I’m not 100% sure if I’ve tried kitty fat or normal. They seem maybe a little stiffer/rougher than kitty. And I’ve only played with OT fat (I think it is fat) for a little while. Maybe a few days for probably less than an hour a day.

1 Like

I use OT normal as my bulk poly. I like it. It came with my RBC, and I liked it there, so I bought more. I’ve used Alphaline and Kitty Fat and it’s pretty similar.

2 Likes

OTS is good. Normal is probably what you want since it’s similar in thickness to kitty fat, OTS fat is closer to kitty XL. OTS in general is a little softer and feels a slightly oily out of the bag, and it’s got a bit of a longer break in time than kitty. Kitty FC is pretty much ready to go right out of the bag for me, while OTS takes like 15ish minutes of play before it breaks in and starts holding tension as well as it should. For the price it’s great. If you don’t mind the break in time and prefer the softer feel you’ll probably like it. I’ve almost finished up a 100 pack of it, overall I liked it. I don’t expect to ever buy another pack of it, but I wasn’t disappointed with it.

4 Likes

Thank you guys I’m gonna get some and try it out :blush:

3 Likes

Evan Nago said it’s super whippy

2 Likes

OT is the best bulk brand IMO. Fat OT comes with every Dressel Design yoyo

7 Likes

I recently ordered an 100 pack of white OT fat because of that very reason :laughing:

3 Likes

In my experience it whips a bit faster than kitty but is a little less soft. I think they are great especially for the price.

1 Like

I switched Mk1 from Airetic to Original Throw after Airetic’s rig exploded. Been happy with it!
OT Fat Yellow for most releases, OT Normal White for the RBC.

9 Likes

OT strings are great! They’re much cheaper than most bulk string as well. The normal strings are softer than Kitty Normals and perform better as well. They hold tension pretty well and whip great, so it’s definitely worth the money.

1 Like

The best bulk string that I’ve tried. I usually just buy ots and zipline

1 Like