Is it all that or what

Hey, people on the forum, if you have the Protostar answer this qeustion. Is it all it’s cracked up to be?? :-\

yes.
It’s a great yoyo. in my opinion, one of the best budget throws out there. and one of the best plastics. (excluding delrin or acrylic)
Unfortunately the only one I’ve used has vibe (previous owner overtightened it) but it stills plays great despite the vibe.

Yes

Yes, it is great. All worth it. What I’m most surprised about it is that it’s very light and hollow for speedy play, but it’s also very stable. Hard to knock it out of it’s momentum.

The Best Plastic Out There Is The Protostar

You can play 5a with it, or 3a, or 1a. If Jensen Kimmitt used it to win contests than it better be good. I love mine. If you don’t want to pay over 30$ Than get a Starlite. Same shape, just s little lighter. Both are great! :o

He did use a proto for a few contest, but he won worlds using a northstar :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Jensen used Northstar.

It plays excellently, but in my opinion it’s not the best plastic out there. I don’t know if it’s the shape or the size, but it just doesn’t feel right to me.

its my second fav throw under my sfx but its amazing beats some of my high end metals 'yoyofactory made a heck of a plastic

I agree^. Personally Im a huge fan of Crucials line of delrins.

My advice; don’t try and tighten the axle unless you like holes in the caps. :wink:

Woah, that was awkward…

1 Like

MISSINGNO!!!

And yes… The protostar is as amazing as high end expensive metals… It dosnt grind well, that’s the only thing.

Should I delete that?

Yep, ProtoStar is awesome. It’s worth it! Just be aware that when you get it, it won’t be completely unresponsive. Mine was semi-responsive for quite a bit.

Yours was semi-responsive for a bit but that doesn’t mean every other Protostar will.

1 Like

[quote=“nobody,post:12,topic:29207”]
I have no idea… :smiley: :smiley:

Yes…

1 Like

Done. ;D

Protostar is a great throw. I use mine for freehand.

Mine was unresponsive and vibe-free out of the box

Ian