Is a Messiah worth 200 dollars?

Is it?

Definitely.

Or.
Get another yoyo that isn’t overpriced and save some money.

Get a chief and a Genesis or
Something that isn’t overpriced.
YYR play the same as any other throws.
I’ve played a sleipnir mainly and it dosen’t seem a big of an impact.
Of course if you want one just for collective purposes and making your collection stand out feel free.
But save the extra buck and go wtih something less expensive.

How does a trident compare to the messiah?

trident is ownage, comparable to a YYR :D. Own 1 and use it for 5A. Dinged up as crap but still plays amazing,just put a 10-ball in when it gets viby. Get it if you want the same level of play and save money :)))

If you like undersized.

Probably not. At this point in my career I have a hard time justifying more than $50-$60 for a new yoyo, and that is even a stretch. There are so many fine players that are reasonably priced.

Yes, I know all about limited run production costs and all that.

Perhaps? If this is your first high end yoyo (>$115), I probably would say yes.

When I got my first high end throw, which was a Trident, it was a whole new experience. Amazing. Played nothing like my fundametals, played nothing like my DMII, played nothing like my Protostar. The first throw just felt so powerful. If you get a Messiah, you can experience what a high-end, top of the line throw feels like. Plus, you can bragging rights.

If you already have a high end throw, then no. You already have know what a high-end throw feels like, and it just won’t feel as special. When I bought my Cocytus, it just wasn’t as exciting to my Trident when I threw it. Also, I find myself playing with my Protostar more than any of my throws.

Anyway, the decision is all up to you; there’s a lot of people who are absolutely devoted to YYR stuff, and there are plenty of people who think that they are overpriced yoyos.

EDIT: Oh and btw, please do check out the B/S/T at various forums. There’s some great deals out there!

Honestly, probably not. Not that it isn’t a good yoyo, but i don’t think it’s really any better than most of the $80 or $100 yoyos. Basically I agree with jhb.

No, I have one and personally there a better throws out there new or used for much less. Its a good throw but that’s a hefty price in my opinion for one!