IronArm: trick successes and other discussion

Dang… Just came back from school and checked the schools. I’m gonna be honest I thought I had 1st in the bag, Phillips can do some fast eli hops!

Who else did it at 7? I got 1:30

I did, less than 3 min ;D

Awesome.  And, if I could do that,  I would also tell people to call me MrDynamic :wink:

we can just be happy that nick isn’t participating in this contest :wink:

That’s pretty crazy. I got 2:12, :-\ i was hoping for better, i had to do it later though.

Come on! Somebody can beat me (maybe not) at these Gyro Flops! I just know it.

I’m gonna start practicing kwijibos

I worked on kwijibos today. I timed myself 5 times this mornnig on gyro flop, same every time, so I started on kwijibo.

I’m not going to be as slow as I was on Magic Drop, but this will be another embarrassing time for me.

Send nick an invite so he can get 10 seconds and be done with it :wink:

I was feeling pretty good about my flops (before this competition I was doing like… 1 at a time. :wink: ) but I still clocked 3:20.

My kwyjibos are fairly fastand consistent but its nothing compared to what andre can do just seeing his tut :smiley:

it’s ok my time will be embarassing too. i haven’t really done most of the tricks that we have done so i am excited to start to do tricks that i actually know how to do. a(kwyjibo is not one of those tricks).

I have updated the results on the original page.

Cold Fusion. Learned it last night (again; had forgotten it!) and was pondering how best to repeat it. Here are the 3 options I came up with:

1. As per the beginning of this tutorial:

Do a pass from the trapeze in order to make the double-or nothing. Now, this is the only source that seems to make trapeze a “part” of Cold Fusion, which I don’t agree with. I think you can start from D-o-N. But since Cold Fusion ends in a trapeze, it’s a useful technique!

1. Slack to D-o-N. From trapeze, pinch the segments in the NTH, rotate the resulting slack (the length that goes under the yoyo and to your TH) clockwise and insert TH forefinger into the loop.

2. Just throw the yoyo over the TH and around for the D-o-N

#2 looks great but I can’t do it reliably. #1 doesn’t seem hard, but I’m not convinced there’s a huge speed benefit. I think I’m going to stick to plain ol’ #3.

How about you guys?

1 Like

i personally use method number 1 but method number 2 seems like the best. if you do black hops then that move should be a piece of cake.

I’m using technique #3 as well. It’s much faster for me that way.

i use technique 3 too (i accidentally said 1)

you know tonight’s kwijibo, right?

Yup. But I have Kwyjibo down cold. :wink: I didn’t know Cold Fusion so I need to be pracicing that one. Thanks for double-checking, though!