Iron whip trouble

Thanks guys, this really helped me. Surprisingly, even the thing about pouring water in a cup on your lap. I’ve got it like, 1 out of 3 times now. (Also, yes it does yoyomaniac123)

Sorry, I’m rarely on a computer on the weekends. You don’t have to grab the string; when your NTH is still in the loop after popping up the yoyo, just push/flick the loop downwards/towards your TH side to get it going around.

You don’t have to do it, but it helps get the momentum going. It’s especially helpful when doing it on a responsive yoyo, because you hardly have to “pop” the yoyo at all. You can almost just flick the loop downward off the yoyo instead of popping.

now i managed to make the whip and make it land on the yoyo. but i have one problem that i don’t know why it happens. i get to the trapeze but i don’t know how to say it, Inverted or flipped. but not the trapeze.
Did it happen to any of you guys? and any tips to solve this?.. I tried a lot but i always get it like so …Frustrating

The loop in probably twisting or you are catching it backwards. I had that problem when I first learned jade whip.

Yup, exactly. I still have that problem with Jade Whip. I only land Jade Whip 50% of the time, and of that portion, 33% are in reverse.

I suspect (but haven’t sat down to work it out to prove it) that you’re rotating the wrist TOO much and letting the string coming out of your hand on the small finger enter the gap first, instead of the length of string coming out of your hand on the pointer finger side.

I’ll try not to let it out of my little finger. I’m not sure but it could be a reason. I tried to check it through video recording but couldn’t. I used a phone camera and don’t have a player that slows down.

But I didn’t understand the twisting part. You mean outside at the start of the motion or to inside at the end of it?

It’s Funny, I can’t do jade whip but I can now do iron whip.

try jade whip

I, one time, left Yoyoing on a frustration from double or nothing and forgot about it for more than a year (Can you imagine!). Now i think that whips and slacks are going to do the same with me. I keep getting inverted or twisted Trapeze when doing Iron Whip, some times i get it right, but wrong ones are much more. i left it now and wanted to move on with learning as in Advanced part 2 to face laceration which does not sound easy as well. >:(

“fake” lacerations are just as flasy, are more fun, and are easier. :wink:

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrractice it heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelpsß

Lacerations are actually really easy. It was one of the first things that I leaned.

Agree. Laceration started to become easy. I got it down and practicing for perfection. I’m still frustrated at learning iron whip though and probably it is what made loose my patience and hit on laceration as well ;)… How long did it take you to get iron whip down?

I didn’t. I have too much fun doing Jade Whip, so I haven’t buckled down to learn Iron Whip yet. I can’t get any momentum off the “pop out” to do a whip. Kind people have given me pointers, but I haven’t given them a real honest try yet.

it sure does

So I just started 4A and I can do a whip (same motion as iron whip) just fine. I think my problem is that I don’t give it enough string to get to height of the pop.

Yesterday was MAGICAL, I could land Iron Whip with a success of (60 or 70)%, before i let the yoyo go off my hand i could land it successfully four times in a row on the same throw. The day before was a disaster. It either came out of a sudden, Or “it just crossed my mind” laceration helped me out. i was practicing the two together. exaggerating the movement of laceration probably made it clear how to get a good loop and land on the yoyo in the Iron Whip.

I am happy and hope i do better today :smiley: :smiley:

Not to forget the kind support of you guys and the advises you provided where much of a help as well.

Thank you all. Without you all yoyoing wouldn’t be that successful

Umm… What?
Anyway, I’ve just about mastered iron whip so thanks alot guys

Try using double iron whip first it’s a lot like hade whip but gets you that motion.