Iphone 6 September 9, 2014 - Anyone excited?

I think iOS takes features from popular Cydia tweaks, which takes elements from Android. The pull up menu with things like flashlight and WiFi toggle is very similar to SBSettings.

My main thing gripe with Apple is their marketing. If you look in the specs page for the iPhone 5s it never actually tells you most of it’s specs. The A7 CPU which they market as their fastest chip ever, is only 1.3 GHz dual core (the chip used in most other flagship devices is 2.5 GHz quad core). It also markets a 64 bit OS and chip, but that provides no benefit as it only has 1gb of RAM.

I can’t stand anything Apple… and ill just leave it at that.

To be fair though, most people who buy the iPhone probably couldn’t care less at that information, and may even be mislead by it if they don’t know any better.

They might see that a 1GB RAM iPhone is terrible compared to their 4GB computer. They might also think what you mentioned about the 64-bit OS (although to be fair, 64-bit OSes benefit from more than just RAM; they also get an increased CPU instruction set which could lead to more optimized software, and at the least may also provide a nice base for developers to “get started” with 64-bit app development for later iOS devices).

The CPU is kind of questionable too depending on how you look at it. Couldn’t tell you what A* CPU is in my N7 right now, but my N10 had an A15. 15 > 7, so without looking any further into battery life, instruction set, and etc, my N10 would appear far better than an iPhone 6. On the flip side though, the iPhone is likely to have more optimized apps. I would think more devices contain A7 CPUs than A15s.

Would be willing to bet that the iPhone 6 would be way smoother in-terms of animation and performance than my N10. Specs don’t matter when the software (and drivers even) are unoptimized.

Battery life in accordance to the hardware and software is also something to take into account. My N10 would kill battery way quicker than an iPhone 6.

(as for why I compare a 10" tablet to a phone, I don’t know detailed specs for any other mainstream phone currently)

Then there’s the camera. My N7 has a 5MP rear-facing camera. Someone might see the “5MP” part and think it’s pretty high-end. Meanwhile, it’s the sensor that really matters, and the OV5693 is pretty meh.

So specs could be a bit misleading depending on how you look at it. As long as the device performs well, that’s all that people need for the most part (and I’m certain Apple does that pretty well). I doubt my mom cares what wireless spec her Galaxy Rush is, or what CDMA bands it could use, or even the screen resolution. She cares about how responsive it is (which it isn’t; on-top of having horrible specs, the software isn’t optimized either), and that she can run apps on it.

On the other hand, for people who do need specs in order to determine whether a device will work for them, I do agree they should be able to have specs readily available.

Edit: https://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/specs/ does appear to list most (if not all) the specs such people would need though. Who really cares about the speed of the CPU? If you’re an app developer (the only “plausible” people who might need to know such specs) and your app performs slowly, what good is knowing the CPU speed going to help? You need to tone back some effects on your app. CPU speed isn’t relative from platform-to-platform, and if anything, is a fine example of a “misleading” spec.

I’m curious why? Did Apple kill your kittens and burn your house down?

Yeah, I hate TouchWiz. The S5 made a bunch of improvements on it by bringing it closer to stock Android, but I’ve already rooted it and am running CyanogenMod.

I like Apples. I like Androids. Apples are prettier. Androids are green people.

The iPhone 6 sounds cool. I’ll never get a smart phone but I like to see how people change the design up.

My iphone does pretty much anything I need it to. I don’t dislike android, but theres really no reason to hate on iphone. You can like one better, but theres no reason to have such strong feelings for the other. Has apple come to your house for having an android, burned it down and stolen your parents or something?

Well iOS 7 turned my phone into a piece of crap.

Take that up with apple… not an online forum. Chances are we can’t help.

Nobody can help. You can’t downgrade software.

Still not a reason to rag on apple. If you don’t like them keep it to yourself. Same with android.

I think that releasing a bad update and not fixing it is a good reason. We all know they were just trying to push people to upgrade.

That is actually a pretty valid reason. It’s one thing to force an update, but it’s another to force a broken update. Would you still have the same view if you were forced to go from XP to (launch) Vista?

You don’t force updates that break things… not without expecting some well deserved backlash. Even more so when you don’t provide a way to revert said update.

I’ve got the s5 as well, and as soon as I get an issue worked out and get a new one (small problem, but it’s a good thing it has a warranty) I’ll probably root it and maybe load a custom rom. Once L comes out I definitely will.

Thing is, it wasn’t forced, you just couldn’t revert.

Yes you can… You do it the same way you do it with an update.

Side note: I do hope people will finally be cautious about uploading all pictures to iCloud after today’s incident.

So, that makes it right to scream about it to people who(Most likely)Couldn’t care less on an online forum?

Nope, you can’t.

I’m not screaming.

I was speaking from a technical standpoint. Downgrading a piece of software is exactly the same as updating it, and actually quite easy. On an Apple product, they are designed NOT to downgrade anything so Apple makes more money (They’re quite good at this). That being said, it can still be done, but isn’t worth it.

You have to save the previous version on your PC. I didnt.

Well what are your problems with iOS 7? I have been extremely happy with it, and it hasn’t caused any problems for me. If you upgraded right when it was released, you could have gotten a corrupted copy. Apple’s servers were completely overloaded because they didn’t expect that many people to upgrade at once. You might want to try restoring your phone to redownload the software. It would help though to know exactly what problems you are having

My iPhone is just slow. Everyone with a 4 that I’ve spoken to has the same issues. I don’t really care anymore, my phone just came, and its amazing.

Are you kidding who cares about this when the Xandarius Achtung is coming