Introduce Yourself!

Is there a proper thread of looking for people in your area? I’m in Delaware. Looking to meet people to learn throwing.

1 Like

I saw a separate thread about a new website. It has a map of yoyo clubs and people with contact info. Letme see if I can find it. Its fairly new however, so not to many people are on there.

3 Likes

Im not sure if this is the correct way to link to another thread. But here is the link.

4 Likes

Keep at it! 2A is really difficult to learn and get into. I took about 3 months to get alternating loops down so don’t fret if you don’t get it!

4 Likes

It’s definitely the hardest style I’ve tried but I’m honestly enjoying it :joy: I’m reaching one month doing nothing but alternate loops and it’s still not clean and I still can’t catch them with both hands :joy:

2 Likes

Hey Morten - welcome aboard!

3 Likes

Yeap it definitely is! Even 3A can’t hold a candle to how difficult 2A is. I’m glad that you’re enjoying it though, it’s really the only thing that will keep you going considering how frustrating 2A can be at times.

Welcome Jay,
I know it’s far away from where you live but you should check out the German National Yoyo Championship in Leipzig! Deutsche Yo-Yo Meisterschaft 2023 – GYYA – Yo-Yo Vereinigung Deutschland e.V.
@Kray you too

1 Like

Schon viele Jahre her das ich das letzte mal dabei war. Nicht ganz mein Ding ehrlich gesagt. Aber wenn der Jay auch Bock hat Evtl mal rauf düsen.

@YoYoMa1
Yeah, I actually totally should. I always have been curious how these kind of events go down. I guess I‘d be overwhelmed to suddenly seeing so many Yoyo enthusiasts at one place. I‘m usually not so much into competing and judging performance. But on the other hand I can see how players pushing themselves to putting together a routine gives us all inspiring tricks to see and emulate. I‘m also a bit worried to going through isles of stands offering throws. Budget-wise this would going to be one hell of a trip :sweat_smile: But yeah, I guess it’s a as must to experience such an event at least for once.
@Kray
I can totally imagine going on a weekend Yo-Yo trip together. Should be fun.

2 Likes

Only beginner yoyos for people who don’t play yoyo are being sold there. The contest is held at a toy fair, the Modell Hobby und Spiel, where there are also tons of people who don’t yoyo.

Absolutely😄

4 Likes

Haha :joy: Seriously though? Do I have to perform a trick at the stand to be granted buying a Yo-Yo or is it mandatory to be a contestant?

Haha no no no
There is a small stand selling yoyos but those are only beginner yoyos aimed towards people who don’t know how to yoyo. They sell yoyos like the yoyofactory one. Anyone can buy yoyos there.

2 Likes