Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the forums!
I agree with @ChrisFrancz , I’d love to see yalls build.

2 Likes

Welcome! It’s awesome that you’re playing yoyo with your son, makes for great father and son time!

2 Likes

HI guys - and thanks for the welcomes! Yes my son and I have a blast doing it together and challenging each other. We have different skill sets so also help each other with learning tricks. We needed something to store the yo-yos in once we started getting a significant number, and didn’t want them to just be able to fall off the table or whatever. So we started with just a simple butt-jointed box. Then I added a center shelf that allows yo-yos to fit underneath and on top. It also divides our sides, so we know where ours are. We have a lot of the same yo-yos. We call the top ones the “top shelf” yo-yos, and even have a separated area for the current favorite. Below, we can store yo-yos not as frequently used, or, my son also calls it the “dungeon” for those yo-yos that failed us on a trick (because it is always the fault of the equipment, not the user :slight_smile: ). Anyways, thanks again for the welcome notes!

7 Likes

I wish I could get my family into yoyo. It is super cool that you have someone to talk about yoyoing with you.

4 Likes

Hey! Names Rich. 29. Ottawa, Canada. Somehow someway a yoyo came into my life (4-5 months) and now i have a new addiction. Can’t stop throwing. I love love love the jade whip and any bind. im currently throwing markmont classic magnum opus. I also make my own string. allows for more colour options. This site it dope! I literally knew diddly squat and this site has taught me the most out of all other available sources! Excited to learn more and hopefully make some friends. I am forever grateful for the yoyo. Recently sober and this passtime has been a blessing.

14 Likes

Welcome! So cool that you’re already making your own string! Try learning the ghost bind, it’s a spooky one.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums. You’re advancing very quickly. Awesome!

3 Likes

Hello from Arizona. I’m 67 years old and started yo-yo during the pandemic shut-down. I have found it has helped with hand-eye coordination. I have gravitated towards fixed axle and modern responsive. My most prized yo-yo as of now is my Daytripper. I also have the Legend Wing and Yomega Alpha Wing.

18 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

Welcome! Try learning responsive 5a! Looks like your kinda thing.

1 Like

Hi guys! My name is Niki and I’m from Shanghai~ Yoyoing was huge in China back when I was in primary school, because everyone watched Blazing Teens! It was kinda cringe now thinking about it because we used to have “team/solo battles” during breaks and compete with each other with our best tricks :joy: After almost 10 years later, I’m starting to pick up the hobby again! I’m not a great thrower, but I like to collect and help out the community just a little! If you have any questions about counterfeits, I may be able to help. :grin:

13 Likes

Welcome! Hey those battles ain’t cringe, yoyo competitions are basically that anyways. Awesome that you picked it up again!

3 Likes

How awesome is that haha :laughing:
and welcome

1 Like

Hello all! My name is Stephen. I am one of the Admins of the Facebook BST and I am the owner of Born2Dye.

I have been yoyoing for close to 12 years. This august will be my 12th actually! My favorite yoyo is the Freehand Zero and I really enjoy going to contests to chill, learn new tricks and meet new people.

Please check out @born2dye on instagram and born2dye.com. My main goal with born2dye is to dye many yoyos and get them in the hands of as many people as possible!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forums, I’m glad you joined us!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums! This place has been great! I found it more enjoyable here compared to reddit and facebook. Hope you’ll find it to be the same!

6 Likes

Heya✌️! I’m adva, (currently amazed I got my name as a username). I’ve been throwing on and off for a couple years and am back relearning picture tricks right now😅. Just rediscovered my quail while moving so hoping to finally give it some use!! Honestly really missed the community 🥲

12 Likes

Haha me too :rofl: welcome to the forums!

5 Likes

Hello! Welcome (:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums! The quail is quite a rare yoyo, hope you’ll enjoy it!

4 Likes