Introduce Yourself!

Ugh, the universe keeps trying to remind me to get off my butt and get my bike started and going, but procrastination keeps winning haha.

1 Like

Haha well at least I charged the battery today, just a filter change and a chain clean and we’re in business! Well mostly, I’ll let the mechanic have fun with those inline 4 carbs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Peace all!
Been on here for a few but just noticed this introduction forum.

Favorite yo-yos rn: Avalanche, Kuntosh 5kQV, Batsquatch 7068, Dale.

Found YYE through the natural google searching channels of the World Wide Web.

About myself: I spit dope raps. You can follow me on IG @KNOMADraps.
“Hit This” the album out now: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9bGdx2ZSf8grl8LfqDmYxI74uLhstScb

I started throwing in the late nineties, broke my bedroom ceiling fan glass bulb and after that the yoyo was no longer welcomed in doors at my parents crib. That slowly lead to less and less throwing.

A few months ago, during a short road trip, I went into a old school looking toy store and could not leave without copping a red Duncan Fireball just like I used to have. I was very surprised at how quickly it came back to me and couldn’t believe how good it felt to simply throw something and have it hit you back.

I found myself throwing everyday until it shot across my living room (string literally snapped in half, thank science nothing broke) and the wiz looked at me like I was crazy. That was less then 2 weeks after purchasing the yoyo.

This lead to me discovering the importance of quality string, difference between responsive & unresponsive, 1A-5A (btw 4a&5a :exploding_head:), and the mighty BIND. So I copped a pack and surprisingly I was hitting some of the binds. Ever since I’ve been stuck, and everyone I have met or done deals with over the digi yoyo world has been great. I hope to contribute something great one day.

14 Likes

Welcome aboard and welcome back to yoyo!

4 Likes

Hi, I started throwing a yo-yo regularly back in the mid-1980s around the time Tom Kuhn was making wood axle yoyos more appreciated and I still have a couple of No-Jive yo-yos somewhere. In the 90s I got a few slightly more modern yo-yos including a used Tom Kuhn SB2 with a bearing and a few others with and without bearings. Recently I got my first unresponsive yoyo (Blues by 44RPM) and I’m just starting to learn binds and some tricks where I left off.

15 Likes

Welcome back to Yoyo. I’m glad you joined the forums!

3 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Mason and i’m coming back to yoyoing after being on hiatus for a good 7 years. Ive always known of YYE since my beginning in yoyoing, and i’m excited to get back into it!

16 Likes

Hi i’m Harrison! Besides yoyo, I do baseball and football (my future job is no doubt in the MLB or NFL Lol), and sometimes play on my Nintendo Switch. I really like green triangles, whips, tech, grinds, and body tricks, and I can also do 4A and 5A. I’m really a Y.Y.F/Duncan guy, but Magic yoyo is fine i guess. So yeah.

11 Likes

Welcome, @Swag and @Yoyo_baseball19 !

5 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

welcome new folks, enjoy the place!

2 Likes

It’s cool you’re back. Did it feel like 7 years or did it all come back? What got you back?

2 Likes

Only almost 12 years late. I’m Aidan! Been throwing on n off for a good decade or so. Recently got back into the community and am super thankful that I did. Thought this would be a good place to find out what’s been going on since I left. And uh, yoyoexpert is one of the biggest things in the yoyo community so it’s no surprise I found out about it through a few internet searches. :rofl:

14 Likes

Welcome back!

3 Likes

welcome back brother!!!

2 Likes

Hi. I’m new to the hobby as of about 6 weeks ago. Got into it randomly after my daughter received the crappiest of crappy mini sized yoyo’s in a valentine’s day gift bag. It was so terrible that getting it to return once was a very significant challenge for either of us. But she was having fun trying, so I decided to go online and order her something decent to play with. I’m the type to research the hell out of every purchase, so that led me all over the place, and got me interested (I had no idea there are so many styles of yoyo and play). Here I am 6 weeks later, really enjoying learning something new. It feels great every time I progress a bit, and I find it is a good stress reliever.

I’m currently mostly using a responsive Sage, and trying to get more consistent with what seem to be the foundational tricks/mounts - trapeze, trapeze & bro, double or nothing, split bottom mount. I’ve pretty much just been rotating between those for the past couple of weeks, hoping they will eventually become second nature. I also recently picked up a Replay Pro just recently, figuring I can start to learn binds when I get frustrated with the other stuff, or want to try something different.

13 Likes

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a fine start.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m really happy to have stumbled upon this at this point in my life.

I find that I usually pick up the basics of a skill fast, but then I struggle with consistency and seem to get stuck at an intermediate level at best. I’m hoping I can break that trend with this hobby!

4 Likes

You can. I learned and went intermediate with a Sage. It takes time and dedication but just have fun with it. Welcome to the forums!

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I’m really hoping to get to that intermediate level and beyond. Any bit of progress really feels good. I just keep thinking about how awesome it must feel to put together cool tricks in combos like I see in videos.

I really like the Sage. I also have a Whip that I like to try new stuff on first. It’s nice and small and light with rounded edges, so I feel safer. It’s also harder to land on the string, so it makes it feel much easier once I have the motion down enough to go back to the Sage.

5 Likes