Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Yoyodoc. I haven’t heard of you. In the mid 90’s I was off of the internet for awhile too and busy with my store. I barely remember how I got useful yoyo information back then. I remember a magazine or two, but if I recall correctly, they were cheesy.

I’d love to get those yoyos worked on. It’s great that you provide a service like that. I have some passions that I hesitate or even refuse to involve money in. I’m sure I’ll get around to sending one to you soon to see what you can do. What causes the slipping string thing? It’s strange.

Thanks for the welcome. It’s cool that there are people on here who are into all styles including fixed axle. I’m always glad to find a good community where people love to talk about their obsessions. I’m busy but I have decided to find and get together with a local yoyo club. The closest I’ve found is the Capitol Yoyo Club in the D.C. area. This is exciting. I need to get out more and this should help

2 Likes

Hey I’m Manuel(24)

I’ve always liked yoyos since I was a kid and a few years ago in high school I tried to get a bit more serious about yoyoing. The yoyo I had back then was responsive and being tight on money back then couldn’t take it much further. I just ordered a shutter galaxy and hopefully I get my self to active in this communtiy :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello !

I’m Rusty87, 29yo. I’m french and i live in Belgium.

First, I have to apologize for my english. I’m worrying not to be understood as expected.

I discovered Yoyo in 1998 or 1999 with a dark green Yomega Firestorm but it didn’t last !

Anyway, i was watching YouTube vids at random on yesterday. I found some nice ones and It seemed so fun and impressive that i could not resist and ordered one after reading tons of websites, forums, and watching contest and tutorial videos.

I ordered a silver/light blue C3 Accelerator. No idea if it will suit well but it’s affordable (for a metal one), looks good and like the specs !

Thank you for reading me and see you later on the forum !

Hey Rusty87
Your English is excellent and welcome!

Thank you Hobbyman101 !

I’m about to receive my Accelerator on thursday or friday. I can’t wait !

Actually, I had ordered a Velocity by YYF at first, but then i thought “I’m going to practice at 100%” so…

Hope I made a good choice… ;D

I love the accelerator great choice👍

Greetings! I just got back into yoyo for the third time in late December. I’m taking it seriously for the first time. Also getting into 1A for the first time. I started back before unresponsive yoyoing. My dad taught me on fixed axel plastics like the Imperial in the late 80’s. Actually I have his old Duncan in green from the late 50’s. I’ve also posted a trade in the B/S/T forum. I’m looking forward to networking with all you cats!

Hello -

Been into yoyo’s for oh - about 55 years. :slight_smile: I’m a collector of sorts, and I really appreciate yoyo’s as a machine and a piece of art.

I have some yo’s that I need help identifying, so I may be posting pictures.

Glad to find this site.

Jim

From one elder statesman to another: Welcome!
I will not be able to help identify, but, I look forward to your pic’s.

hello all. i started yoyo as a child some 50 years ago. i remember how much i loved it and spent so much time playing. well, up until i found girls that is. then i spent the last 40 years mountain biking and racing radio control 1/8th scale gas buggies. however, life caught up to me a hand full of years ago and now after surviving 2 widow maker heart attacks and having a pacemaker implanted in my chest i found myself at a crossroads of sorts wondering what am i going to do to keep busy and not kill my bank account or myself doing. then, last summer, i found GSquaredyoyos. i started drooling over the marvel and started looking for my first modern yoyo. that is when i found YYE. i purchased a Marvel in the YYE colorway then spent the next month trying to bind the stupid thing only to give up and modify the yoyo to respond and loop. then i played with it all the time. after about nine months i decided to try to bind it again only this time i used the YYE learning videos and started with the braintwister. i could do the trick but still couldn’t bind. so i kept trying until i got it. i love the guy doing the learning videos on this site. learned the matrix, the atomic bomb, split bottom mount, double or nothing. learning new tricks daily. maybe someday i will learn to start a dead yoyo. i now have 2 Draupnir’s, a Gamma Crash, a Gruntbull Orbis 5, G2 Marvel, Tropic Spins Arcadia. just beginning. i am all about METALS. big fan of machined goodies. and now machined art toys. i can modify the yoyo’s with the best of them. i have a yoyo in my pocket every day now, and i often wonder how many other mid 50’s guys are out there with a yoyo in their pocket.

Your history sounds like mine have had a “widow-maker” in 82, by-passes (2 times) and a pacemaker. And we are still here to talk about it and to throw yoyo’s. PM me and were can have a good talk.

WELCOME!

Thank you. It’s great to be alive.

Howdy! I’m KingCobra. I used to love yoyoing when I was younger. I was pretty much a beginner and yoyoed with cheap plastic Duncan yoyos I got from stores, that didn’t last long. It’s been a very long time since I’ve yoyoed now and decided to start again. So I wanted to get a great professional yoyo that would last me a very long time, so I ordered an unresponsive yoyo, the Beboo Yoyo L1, along with a giant pack of strings on amazon. I have the yoyo now and already learned how to bind (which I got right on my first attempt). Really nice to join this forum!

It is great to welcome those who have come back to yoyoing.

About a month ago my kids came home from Elementary School with 2 NED Yoyo’s. I hadn’t thrown in 20 years, but instinct let me show my kids “Rock the Baby”… They were just as amazed as I was that I was able to do it. Wow, Yoyo’s have come a long way! Excited to be throwing again and learning new tricks.

Hey all,

My name is John. Just checking in. I’m getting back into yoyoing after a very long layoff and enjoying learing all the new stuff there is to try. Cheers.

Hey. I’m Cruz Q. I’m 14 years old and I’ve been yoyoing for about 4 years. I have a ton of yoyos and some I need to trade cause I’ve gotten bored of them kinda. Look at my bat post please. Anyway I’ve been an avid yoyoer on and off and have learned so much for this site about different companies and yoyos. The whole idea of yoyos amazes me. Cheers.

Name is Mike I’m 29 yr old and have been learning new tricks off and on for about three years. I came upon this site when trying to find good yoyos after I was dragged to toys r us by the kids and all they had was the regular Duncan butterfly and stuff. Favorite yo-yo so far is one drop prescription. I’m pretty much a intermediate thrower just trying some of the advanced tricks on here.

Hey, my name is Fiona, I have been yoyoing for two years now. My favourite throw is my gold shutter