Introduce Yourself!

hi my name is henry, im new to yoyoing, started and got my first yoyo about 1 month ago, my first yoyo was werrd sentinal, and its been playing great.

Peaceā€¦ - Woody

Hello, I know itā€™s been a while some you posted this. But I just saw it today and did not see a reply to your question about lube and responsiveness. For the most part, you really OMG need to lube the bearing. There are two kinds of lube, thick and thin. Thin is for non responsive yoyos and thick for responsive. But if you decide to use lube, you really only need a pin drop worth of lube. Too much lube will cause resistance in the bearing and thus causing it to snap back. I always use a dry bearing unless it gets dirty or seems to act differently than normal. It is only the that I use the tiniest amount of lube.
As for the bearing you already lubed, you might have to use it for a while to break down the lube and it will become unresponsive again.
I hope this helps. You may have figured this out already. But I just wanted to reply just in case. I hope you are still enjoying the sport/hobby. Welcome to the group!

Peaceā€¦ - Woody

Ahoy hoy! My name is Luna, you can call me Lulu. Iā€™m rather new to yo-yos though I did have one when I was much younger, I think. Right now Iā€™m learning 4a and 5a as well as unresponsive 1a. Just want to cover all my bases :wink:

Current Kit:
YYF Flight
YYF Shutter
Duncan Freehand Pro

Welcome Lulu! Sounds like you are off to a good start so far! If you have any questions, donā€™t be afraid to ask. :slight_smile:

HELLO! Iā€™m Alex and I have been yoyoing for 2.5-3 years now (I donā€™t remember exactly when I started) and I use yoyos as an expression and outlet for anything really, I have trouble making new tricks because there is nobody that yoyos around where I live, one day I would love to be sponsored NOT just for yoyos but to promote and spread the joys of yoyoing. Some of my favorite yoyo players consist of Jensen Kimmit, Charles Haycock, Evan Nagao, Ricardo Fraolini, Kris Toledo, and MANY MORE but I cannot think of them. I still am having trouble finding a style that suits me, but my inspirations are my emotions and the players of the community, so I guess my style change as here and there. But yup. Thatā€™s really it about me. Iā€™m an NC player and I wish to go to competitions to make new friends and expand my knowledge and skill after graduation this year!

Hey howā€™s it going. Iā€™m Dave recently started yo-yoing as a tool to relax started with a Duncan Butterfly now have collected ten Duncan yoyos and looking to yoyofactory for a good yoyo as I follow along the learning tutorials made my Andre, great work by the way!

Hi everyone ;D
My name is Wing. Iā€™m a HongKonger but now studying in Australia. I love yoyoing all the time. Iā€™m using skyva. My favourite trick is double green triangle.

hi my name is ronnie and what brought me here was the learning videos. it makes it so much easier to learn and i am learning something new everyday. thanks again to everyone for their knowledge.
thanks ronnie

Hey, coming back to yoyo after about 20 yearsā€¦ mainly to have a dork out thing my daughter and I could get into. My daughterā€™s interest fell off after a month but I really dig it.

Heeeyā€¦I used to moderate a board a long time ago, and I used to get annoyed when noobs didnā€™t intro themselves. Lol.

Used to throw a LONG time ago, before unresponsives were around (I just dated myself, but whatever). My old throw was a Losi Cherry Bomb (Silver Series version), which I still have. My daughter won a cheap yoyo from school so I figured that it would a fun thing to do together. Bought a Skyva and an N11 to learn unresponsive, and found out that itā€™s a pretty awesome stress reliever in the office.

Iā€™m pretty much a big kid in a tieā€¦will never grow up!

-Drift

Great to see so many new members, especially some older throwers coming back to yo-yoing. Welcome everyone!

Hey my name is Joseph and my favorit thing todo is yoyoing it used to be video games but last February i got my first unresponsive yoyo that changed me now all i want is to get better and have a fun enjoying time yoyoing

Perhaps her interest will be rekindled, yours was. Anyway welcome back to the throw.

hi my name is jaka, im from indonesia, i just start playing yoyos, and i throw auldey btwā€¦

Greetings! My name is Brian, Iā€™m old, and absolutely horrible at yo-yoing. Iā€™m getting better slowly, but currently I only know how to forward pass and gravity pull. There is YouTube, but Iā€™m looking for fellow throwers in the Raleig or Apex, North Carolina area that have the time& patience to get together occasionally and coach me a little.

Iā€™m a former educator that now works in health care.

Thanks,
Brian

Hello, my name is Luke.
Iā€™m originally from the United States, but I live in Japan. Iā€™ve only just started throwing, but Iā€™m already hooked. My main yoyo is a YoYoFactory Shutter. I got started by wandering into a shop in Tokyo, run by a group of very friendly guys. This is something I should have started a long time ago, but better late than never.

You arenā€™t old, your age is just right. Some of us learn slower that others but it is all about having fun. Welcome to the throw.

Hello! Iā€™m Steven. Iā€™m very new to the hobby, but I enjoy it tremendously. Right now all I have is a yyf flight. Iā€™m excited about everything happening in the yo-yo world right now and am excited to be part of it.

Hey guys, My name is Robb and Iā€™m just starting out with unresponsive play. Iā€™ve got one or two tricks down, nothing crazy. Anyway yeah, I throw a one drop Vanguard with kitty string standard. Been thinking about the CLYW Big Dipper or Skyva. Any thoughts?