Introduce Yourself!

Hey all, my name is Chris. I threw a lot 25+ years ago. Since there were so few people to learn from around me, I checked out a lot of books and learned that way. There is only so much you can learn from books and a Smothers Brothers video.

It has been great to get back into the yo-yo with some excellent communities and resources.

Glad to meet all of you!

Welcome back to the throw! It is great to see others who have rediscovered this hobby.

Hi! Iā€™m Egi and I started throwing again last February 2016. Although I am not making it to the local club meets in our country, online tips/videos are a big help with my progress, a very very slow progress. LOL.

Hey Iā€™m John Schiltz. Iā€™m 16 and I started yoyoing on a whim a year ago. I recently upgraded from a sage yoyo to a YYF genesis. Iā€™m currently trying to learn the whip and it should be easier with a unresponsive yoyo.

Looking at all of your advice has really helped decide what yoyo to buy and I think yoyoing is going to be a lot of fun!!

Hey, Iā€™m Mike. I play occasionally for fun, Iā€™m not great but I can do a few tricks

Fun is what it is all about. Welcome to the throw!

Hey Iā€™m Josh. I just started throwing less than a month ago. I became interested after finding out about One Drop Yo-yos from Terraria. I love throwing because itā€™s not electronic and it takes some concentration so it is great to separate from responsibilities for a little bit.

I am a 1a thrower, nearing 3 years in the hobby, and I yoyo everyday 99 percent of the time. I have learned most of the first fifty tricks in 2 sites which comprise most of the 78 tricks I have wrote down, but I have mostly stuck to creating original tricks. I like fingerspins. My favorite throw is the Werrd Minute, closely followed by the Shutter. Iā€™m excited to become a part of this forum, and canā€™t wait to meet more people in this wonderful community!

Welcome! I really enjoy fingerspins as well! If the yoyo canā€™t fingerspin or at least have hubstacks, I donā€™t want it :wink:

Hello everybody, Iā€™m Anthony, and I got back into yoyoing about a year ago, but I was into it as a kid. I decided to make an account for the forums, but Iā€™m fairly active on the FB BST and on the Reddit /r/throwers community. I currently reside in Lexington KY, and I am founder and part of the Lexington Area yoyo club, so if anybody is from the area please feel free to contact me. Here is our page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1133146226755628/

Additionally, Iā€™m part of The Traveling Throw street team, and if youā€™re not familiar with The Traveling Throw, we are an organization devoted to spreading the love of yoyoing. We have some neat projects, and a yoyo for sale called the Rambler. $10 of each Rambler sale goes to Purple Yoyo and the rest goes back into the project.

Member from a few years ago. So much has happened in my life but I broke out one throw the other day and played. I think I am going to get back into practice. Throwing plastic first for the hell of it. Lyn Fury at bat for a carry. Ordered a Protostar and a One Star from here just for more plastic.

Hello all. Nathan here.
Currently living in Cornwall, UK. Been throwing for a few years and joined the forum again recently to get more involved in the scene.
I am thinking about starting a club for the Brits of the south west. If anyone is here and lives near by, or knows someone who throws near me, please get in contact. Fave throw at the minute is my CLYW BvM, oldie but goodie. Thanks :slight_smile:

Helloā€¦I live in Woodstock, GA and just like yo-yoing for fun. Got into a little bit a couple of years ago, but recently have gotten back into even stronger. Iā€™ve purchased at least five new yoyos in the past month; all YoyoFactory, LOL. Looking to learn as well as branch out with this.

Welcome! I hope you are far away from the fires.

Hi everyone,

Want to introduce myself. My name is Alex and I had been out of the game for about 8-9 years until my good friend Jeff Coons asked me to help judge the UT state yo-yo contest in 2014 and I judged in 2015 as well. I was previously sponsored by ExtremeSpin.com and won a number of contests (mostly in the Midwest, state level - I could never do well at Nationals or MWR), typically in the offstring divisions. I have brief video parts in Save Deth vol. I and II, if anyone remembers those DVDs or still has them. Anyone around from that era? I attended the IL state yo-yo contest this past week and realized how old I am, hahaha. Currently based in the Chicago area and hoping to get back into things a bit more!

Iā€™m a former member of yoyoexpert, but have been inactive on my old account for over a year! Iā€™m ready to come back into the game, but with a different objective. I still love throwing, but Iā€™d like to start manufacturing. Iā€™d like a few pointers as to how I can begin this. I have money put away for this, so Iā€™m not afraid of prices. Iā€™d just like to receive some ideas from this community. Pricing? Whatā€™s hot? Is it even recommended? Anything helps

Most people are going to tell you probably not to do it. If you have the money and really want to, then itā€™s really up to you to jump on in!

Check out YouTube on designing yoyos. There is one guy that has a 3 part series that is really good.

Pricing is all over the board.

Edit: the name is Zach The Sloth on YouTube. I would recommend just typing in how to design a yoyo.

Welcome backā€¦ But I have a constructive suggestionā€¦

I think to be different is to be exceptional.

To be different is to be an individual.

To be distinctive is to be admired.

So if you really want to do something amazing; I would suggest ā€˜Not making yoyosā€™.

Then you can say 'Hey; Iā€™m the only one in the Entire yoyo community that ā€˜Isntā€™ making yoyos.

Ainā€™t I cool. :nerd_face::ok_hand::nerd_face:

The most Optomistic thing I can share with you from being around non stop for the last 18 years; is that your chances of being successful are Extremely thin.

Its possible to make some headway if you ultimate goal is to just have fun and possibly break even.

But to come out of left field and want to make yoyos and asking questions about how to go about it?

Your chances are so close to zero; that if they were any closer to zero; you would be directly centered over zero.

Sorry about the positive pep talkā€¦

I wouldnt kid you. :thinking:

1 Like

I can attest to this being a co owner of the small company TropicSpins. We have been in the game for almost 2 and a half years now as a company, and it is true. We have a lot of fun, we make yoyos, but 90% of the time we break even and spend that on something newer and something better. Now that was 2 years ago, which might not seem that long, but many new companies are trying and are popping up, making it a lot harder these days. If you want to make yoyos, go for it, but you have to do it the right way (having a business plan and everything ready to go before launching) if you want to break the ice. Aside from that, having a good yoyo (not necessarily unique) is an important aspect as well.

Just my advice after breaking near even for the past 2 years :wink:

Hey Everybody! My name it Tyler and Iā€™m the president of Yo-Yo Club at my high school! And I teach people everyday and getting them hooked on yoyoing! Itā€™s a GT, keep learning new tricks everyday and Iā€™m learning new styles as wellšŸ‘ŠšŸ½ #yoyoforlife