Introduce Yourself!

he welcome to the forum… if you keep with youll more then likely get further then kamikaze with the new yye tutorials…

and its pretty cool that a computer major can find time to throw…

Way to go man!! Welcome to the forums and Can’t wait to hear more about your progress as time goes on.

Howdy!
I’m Philip, a highschool student, and a computer science nut too. I’ve always been able to do a basic throw on a responsive yoyo, but it’s just recently I’m picking it up and studying it more closely. I’ve got myself a nice 1A and 4A, so I’ve definitely got a lot of work and practice ahead of me! :slight_smile:

welcome to the forum Jordan… glad you could join us…

two new computer techies… pretty interesting… i guess its time to revive the pc gaming thread…

Hi, I’m a guy who has just bought a yoyo, but I think I made a bad purchase. So I hope to find here, answers and clarifications to my doubts.

I speak English pretty well, but I’m not able to write, so I apologize if there are any error handling.

The teaching videos here are real good. Just start at the beginning and have fun! You will get it in no time.

I’m Anthony and I have been yoyoing for almost a year now. I really enjoy meeting all the people who are in the community. I’ve gotten pretty good at yoyoing and I’m going to my first competition in a few weeks.

Sounds like you are really progressing. Good luck at the tourney. And have fun.

Hi Everyone!

The names Mitch and I am a budding YoYoer. Been playing for a while now and have only just discovered this awesome site! I am in my last year of school in good ole Australia, hoping to start a bachelor of Jazz music next year. (I play the saxophone). Good times ahead!

Hi there everyone
My name is Edgar. i got introduce to more advance yoyoing and i got hooked. Since then i been playing, buying and collecting a few yoyos here and there. When i made my first purchase i have met friendly and awesome people too. Im glad to be here.
thanks…

Hi Guys,
I’m Julian and I’m from germany. I’ve been yoyoing just for a few months. I only had a henrys tiger snake, but I bought a dv888 just a few days ago and I’m learning a double or nothing now.
Greeting Julian

Welcome Julian!

Just got my yoyos out the other day and had forgotten how much fun they are. I need to catch up on the level of play today and get ready to teach my grandchildren down the trail.

brad

Welcome BTK (aka Brad)! And, have fun.

Hi guys I am brand new. I have some Duncan Imperials and a Fireball as a kid but now I’m 25 and fascinated with this unresponsive stuff. I want to work on 1A and 2A tricks. Also I am a guitarist and bassist and want to incorporate some tricks for the stage, they would have to be one handed, if anyone has any suggestions ;D. Also if anyone has a suggestion for a new unresponsive yoyo on the cheaper side. I have a Yomega Maverick and Ooch, and a Magic Yoyo N12 on the way from eBay.

Thanks for reading talk soon!

Welcome! I’m also a guitarist and bassist! I would check out the replay pro

1 Like

Awesome cool to meet a fellow musician. I’ll gave the Replay Pro a look and it seems like a sweet yoyo, and I feel like I can get away with more accidents with plastic instead of metal haha. I’m also eyeing the DV888 at some point to try a different feel since it is smaller than average. And the Might Flea just looks like a lot of fun once I get a foundation down with a regular kind of yoyo.

Welcome. If you are on a budget the Speed-a-holic is great or if you are looking for a metal throw the are a lot available. Personally like the Duncan Torque. And you will find a lot of musicians here. As for me I have been playing drums for 54 years.

Very cool ;D, I can see the appeal to musicians as it is another thing you can train your hands on, I wish I started back up sooner. I work at a pharmacy and some parent returned a Duncan Butterfly that he claimed “didn’t work” and I tried it after he left and of course it was just fine. I stopped by my parents house a few days later and looked for my old Duncan Imperial and have since got a Yomega 3-pack to get more into all the new stuff.

Hello, my name is Justin. I have been yoyoing for 1 year. My first unresponsive yoyo was the Duncan Strix. It was unusual at first but I got used to it. Then I got the YoyoJam Cerberus. I didn’t like it because it was too big. My favorite yoyo is the YoyoFactory x Turning Point Proton. It is super stable and good for finger grinds even though I can’t finger grind. When I first got the Strix, I didn’t really learn any tricks so it got boring. That is why I started learning and I practice everyday.