Introduce Yourself!

Hey all!

Brand new to the forum, and recently getting back into throwing.

I used to play when I was younger, working with only cheap and responsive yoyos. I’d say my skill was moderate. Now I’m getting into unresponsive string play (1a and eventually 3a).

Looking for a Duncan Barracuda Janos Edition if anyone has one by the way. Message me if you’ve got one. I have a couple Barracuda with black splatter, but I love the Janos color and art.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums! I actually do have a Janos edition if you want to talk about trading. You’re welcome to message me. =)

Hey names logan I have been yoyoing for 3-4 years now. I am ok at it not the best that’s for sure. My story started as a mistake. I was Maybe seven? And I got a random yoyo called the mosquito. turned out it was a ball bearing yoyo! Once I broke it after weeks of constant play I went searching for the same yoyo. Turns out I found this amazing place! So from then on I got hooked and ended up right here in the chats to tell my story!

Btw. Sorry for the long message.

Welcome to the forums! The mosquito wasn’t my first, but it was among my first! What are you throwing these days?

Dv888 and protostar

Nice. Again, welcome!

Hello everyone I’m Dustin. New here, new to unresponsive yoyos, but I’ve always had Duncan Imperials.

So far in the month or 2 I’ve been throwing I have most of the mounts down pretty ok, the brain scrambler, and the first half of Kamikaze down pretty well.

for throws I started with a Yomega Maverick, then got a MagicYoYo T8 Shadow, and recently bought a YYF Horizon from YoYoExpert’s store, which led me to this forum.

I hope to learn a lot from the members here, and thanks for having me!

What yoyo is in your profile pic? And welcome!

generic side shot of a yyf horizon… and thanks!

Welcome. I do not know about the Maverick but the T8 is really nice for a cheep metal and of course the Horizon was a great choice.
Just take your time and you will learn a lot.

E.R.L. yo-yos was started a little while back by me and my friend. We yo-yo almost everyday. we have a passion for it. We’ve been doing it for ruffly 5 months now. Our instagram is erl_yoyos we upload videos and pictures daily. Follow us if you’d like you wont be disappointed. We will only get better. We got our name by yo-yoing on the boardwalk and a kid telling us that we live an extremely rare lifestyle hence the name ERL. But we never leave home without them and never plan to.

Welcome to the forums

Welcome! It’s fun as you continue to play and find other players – we’re rare but not too rare! =)

My name is Devan Barofsky and this past summer I worked with Brett Nemeroff ,and the first time I met Brett I remember I was just chilling an this kid takes out a yoyo an does the craziest thing I’ve ever seen and I was just instantly mesmerized ,that day I learned how to bind ,later that week I bought his adegle PSG for 9$ , the week after I made my first order on YoYoExpert ,and another last week and I got a octave that should be delivered tomorrow.havent been with out a yo yo since I bought my PSG,and bretts been showings new stuff everyday, only a month in already got 6 yo yos, 2 on the way and I doubt I’ll ever stop, thanks Brett

Sounds like you had an exciting start. Welcome.

Hey, I’m an “old” guy (38) and getting back into yoyo’s thanks toy 6 year old son. He doesn’t seem nearly as excited about it as I am but oh well. He’s still learning with the Brain yoyo I got him. I’ve gotten for myself a yyf One, yyf DV888, yyf popstar, Yoyo Magic T5, and a yyf Velocity.

I’m still getting a hang of some of the basic string tricks but it’s starting to click. I can land a front mount, reverse mount, and trapeze pretty consistently. Which from what I’m seeing is the basis for the setup to most tricks.

Anyway that’s my intro.

My other interests are bike racing, bmx, skateboarding, music sound tech, blah blah blah

38 is not old! I am 65 and after 4 years I am still getting the hang of it.
Welcome.

Sweet! Glad to see I’m not the only one.

Thanks

Hi! I’m an oldie (but not yet moldy, at 38 ;D).

Started waay back in with a glow-in-the-dark Imperial, but stopped pretty soon after that when nothing I tried on the Butterfly worked, the tiny line drawings in books were never understandable to me.

I just started back up, to de-stress from trying to get into grad school, since video games were too engrossing for me to get anything done. Picked up a PocketPro Zombie (a mistake, that thing’s a middling looper), and a YYF Velocity (I can bind now! :D).

My long term goal is to be 4A capable, but right now, I just want to stop string burns when learning boingy-boing.

Hello, my name’s Eric. I’m currently pretty new to yo-yoing. I found this site when I was researching the basics and debating on which I should yo-yo I should buy to start off. I’ve had a small amount of practice in the last month, practicing with some of my friends’ unresponsive yo-yos and so far I’ve got binds and maintenance down pat. I’m expecting my first yo-yo in the mail in a couple of days, Dark Magic II, and I’m pretty excited to start learning with my own. I would appreciate any tips and advice you have for a beginner since I’m pretty much relying on the internet to teach me :slight_smile: