Introduce Yourself!

Hi. My name is Adrian. I’ve been yoyoing for one year and I think it’s fun

Welcome to the forums

Hey Adrian Welcome to the forums

Are you gonna be at yoyo night tonight?

Welcome Richard. I remember when the raider was the yoyo. I was around the same age (I’m 26 now) when yoyo’s were the fad. We would go to mackinaw island every year with my summer camp and everyone would spend their bank on yoyo’s. The raider and fireball, brain… Lol they used to be tons of money too back then.

:slight_smile: Hi. New here. It’s been a while since I’ve played with any skill toys. Picked up a YYF Velocity the other day. I can’t do anything except bind and sleep right now. Still working on that side mount…

i did didn’t I. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums

@Adrian

I posted that before yoyo night though

Herro everyone. You can call me TechB. I’m 24 and am apart of the yoyo boom of the 90s. Way back when I was in grade school throwing was all the rage. And of course I would see some video in the mall from yomega or duncan throwing insane tricks and I was hooked. Had a shitty $5 throw then but could at least do a double or nothing, which made me popular in school lol.

Then fast forward some odd years and I seen a vid on youtube, hooked again. This was maybe late middle school very early highschool (when hyper warp wing was the shit) I got back into it. Learned even more tricks and stuff then since I was older and youtube was a thing now (then?). Didn’t have any kinda income and the best throw I ever had till then was a Duncan DragonFly my grandparents got me at a Cracker Barrel (it’s an old time/home cooking restaurant for those who don’t have them). I got up till around Matrix or some similar trick nothing too fancy, then lost interest again.

High school hit, then I see a kid walking around throwing. He only knew some basic stuff and decided I wanted to get back into it. At that point I broke out the DragonFly I had and practiced a bit and decided to get another throw. This time I got a Duncan Drifter, twas purple. Honestly it might have been a different throw, but it was purple and looks exactly like the Drifter so we will go with that. Wooed people in high school, felt good about my self and all. Which rarely happens…

Anyway, met a girl and forgot all about yoyos, come on, a teen dude with a hot chick, I was thinking more about other stuff other than yoyos. Dropped it and now here I am, years later (with the same girl but married for 4 years now) getting back into it. Mostly because I’m obsessive but in cycles.

Some background, I know this post will be a book, but IDC. Maybe it’s part of my need to express and tell people things, but since this pertains to throwing it will be here whether you read it or not lol. I am an obsessive person. If I find an interest I will research the fuck out of it. My cycle usually goes like, dex stuff, programming, AVR or embedded, drawing, game dev, game playing, abstract computing, IT/hacking, botany, and back around again.

I am a programmer/hacker at heart though, throwing is only a hobby. Python being a language of choice and C being the embedded stuff I do with AVR or (Arduinos). I LOVE linux and am on Arch Linux as we speak. I do, however know Java, C++, JavaScrip (HTML5)t, and ActionScript, but that’s not for here.

I LOVE the fuck out of throwing and want to get more into it. I will get more into it cause already know a few things and some “advanced” tricks and all. I like slack stuff and I like the bouncy stuff like swinging the throw from string to sting like black hope and boing e boings and such.

I am not a competitive player and I don’t plan on being such. I Find it fun, and I enjoy doing the tricks/combos/blah that FEEL right. I’m not technical and never will be. The crazy shit I see online are crazy. I don’t want that. Something kinda slower, more rhythmic and flowwwwwww.

But that’s just me. This is a hobby, yes an obsession for now, but the obsession will pass, but hopefully throwing will not stop, cause I love it. I will pass onto other things sure, DDR needs some bits to be flippeded, but I’ll see be flipping dat throw yo. Even if interest stops it will come around again. I didn’t write ANSI C to set registers/bit bang and make a TFT LCD display work on a whim either.

I will lurk more than post just like I do with the sub reddits. I will post when I have something to offer. And right now it’s only an intro thread/reply. Progress videos might happen If I get anything better than a shitty webcam. But time will tell.

I have a DarkMagic2 coming and will be here very soon. Don’t bash me on it, I know a Shutter would have been better, but I want my throw to teach more than forgive. I am/will learn some complicated stuff before I move on to smoother throws. I am all about learning the right way, and the DM2 will teach me what I do wrong. Besides, in my day of throwing, Dark Magic was the complete and utter shit. I am excited to buy this throw with the money I make now. Back when I was into it, this would have been a god send. My parents would have NEVER purchased me a $40 yoyo. Good thing I make my own money now right?

Anyway. there it is and was. Hope to converse with who ever reads this in the future if I don’t lurk too long.

Hello. An odd case I am.
I am a 62 years old man. I started collecting in 1996.
I am a collector displayer and I get rather obsessive. Got a lot of my collections from E-bay and the YoYo Nation. (On line stores come and go.) I used to go to the Iowa State fair to watch competitions and give away yo-yos. Did a few church youth gigs and gave away yo yos there too. I am far from a yo yo expert. I favored collecting all metal, After a while there were so many metal yo yos coming out and the prices were getting high I gave up collecting in 2006. I put focus funds more on a couple other things I collect. Autos, bicycles, and firearms.
In my 10 years collecting I have well over 2000 yo yos and other related collectables. Old to new. Wood, plastic to metal. I used to say I had the Largest Collection in Iowa. Everything is displayed on 4 walls in cases in one room. I’ve got some bicycles displayed in there too
I guess pictures would be the best thing…
Just took some . Will give it a post ONE WALL WITH METALS.
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10150973_727925380561512_1202855069_n.jpg?oh=a1b7956b35ef2a54e7c2e964cba37f6a&oe=5339977A
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/967642_727924803894903_44143380_n.jpg?oh=da0de54feeaa4cc027b144f6b8fe26d9&oe=5339B264

rogertc1: As another 60 something member I say WELCOME!

1 Like

That is amazing!

1 Like

Yo-yoing is my current new hobby/interest. I started out this month looking around for info, tricks, and interesting looking stuff. Finally settled on a black One Drop Benchmark H. I sold that last week right after I got my orange Rally to a guy I work with that wanted to get in to throwing also. I liked it a lot but he absolutely loved it.
After I sold it I missed the feel of a full metal yo-yo so now I have a Cascade Paul Dang edition being sent to me. Very excited for that to come in.
I just started out with 1a tricks, got the trapeze, the repeating hawk and a few other tricks that I don’t even know the name of but are fun to do. Just having fun learning new tricks.
Thought I’d do it up proper and introduce myself.

^Welcome to the forums.

other 3 walls

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/1482087_727925147228202_1082823250_n.jpg?oh=37d6bc29f66b04badad62db214c72917&oe=533AA19C

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10153615_727925860561464_378965692_n.jpg?oh=361ba4657b31bbd1187d0db7b1bf8222&oe=533A53C0

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10169083_727924683894915_152297779_n.jpg?oh=1b3fcdc7cec37de3c6851884267017e1&oe=533A4523

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10156794_727925583894825_351056397_n.jpg?oh=38496e21d02c2ff590fd01d87d82ab07&oe=533A1834

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/1974613_727926043894779_808465800_n.jpg?oh=b3ba3e8f750ef2808024c80203ff8e97&oe=533A989A

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10157005_727924993894884_1475266961_n.jpg?oh=8682703d5d858866a91e35adf3eb4bfd&oe=533A06A1

my name is marty. i’m alright at yoyo. my main throw is currently the clyw chief, puffin 2, and onedrop benchmark o with code1 side effects. i dont really watch tutorials, i make up my own tricks. yoyoing is probably my favorite hobby, but it screwed up my finger. there is a ring on my finger and it won’t go away, probably cuz i throw for at least 3 hours a day XD

Welcome to the forums.

Yea I have the same indentation on my finger too.

If I ever find myself in Iowa, expect to find me on your door step! :wink: Absolutely amazing

My name is Travis. I’m 26 and I’ve been learning the yoyo for about four weeks now. I had the yomega brain for about a week that my fiancé bought me until I broke it :frowning: then on a search to replace it i stumbled upon this site and purchased a yyj classic and is what I am currently using. Still beginner/intermediate but learning very quickly.

the classic is a great choice! welcome and good luck!

Don’t worry, I’m 3 years in and still using the classic