Introduce Yourself! 2024

Good luck with that one… :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Welcome to the forums. You’ll find about as much help as there is to be had here… but have you seen these kids play today?? :flushed:

2 Likes

Hey I started throwing at the same time. It’s become a bit of an obsession for me though :joy: welcome to the forum!!!

2 Likes

Hey! I’m Yaroslav, started playing back in 2012 whenever there was a yoyo boom in Russia. After moving to Switzerland in 2014 I participated in some local contests (that we technically didn’t even have enough people for), before becoming a seasoned player and spectator at various European contests. Nowadays I just throw for fun while watching some YouTube and keep up with the scene. I am trying to downsize my collection (because I tend to grab new stuff while in Prague from Slusny a lot), but the shelf stays full. Lately I’ve been using empathy stuff, such as apathy and eminence

16 Likes

Yeah, I can see how that is helpful. I just hate posting video of myself on the internet… I may try to get past that though, for the sake of the yoyo… yo. I did finally create an account and I’m seeing the kids that look to be 10 and younger that are killing it!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve been lurking here for a short while. I’m in my late 40’s and somehow missed the yoyo boom of the 90’s. I bought a cheap pair of Duncan Butterfly XT’s back in Feb. as something for my young daughter and I to play with. She wasn’t interested at all and after watching a few competition videos I got hooked and decided to challenge myself. I’m currently learning simple unresponsive combos. I went to Nationals in Philadelphia a few weeks ago as a spectator and had a great time and got a lot of inspiration. I also got to meet Andre Boulay, Gentry, Brandon Vu, Dave Shulte, and a few others which was cool, it seems like a great community.

12 Likes

Welcome! I too was at Nats. I don’t recall meeting a William. Are you a Philadelphia local?

1 Like

I live about 2.5 hrs away from Philly. I was only there on Sunday, but it made a great day trip.

2 Likes

Excellent. I’m in the northern NYC suburbs. If you met me there’s a strong chance I gave you a counterweight or two :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the community. It’s pretty good I think.

1 Like

welcome! i have a similar origin story but without the kool trip to nats. youre right about the community! happy throwing!

1 Like

Hey friends,
I have been yoyoing for over 2 years now and have been lurking. Just created an account as i really want to participate in the BST as I see some really nice throws for sale.
Hoping to build some cred quickly to pm some folks about their throws for sale. This is a great resource and the Home for Aspiring throws !

14 Likes