Interesting yoyo's/yoyo items rarely seen

Looking on ebay today I saw a few yoyo related items I hadn’t seen before. Considering I’ve had a yo in my hand most of my life, it was surprising. So this thread is for posting the unusual/interesting/bizarre world of yoyoing.

4 Likes

If interesting can also be ridiculous then I have tons of screenshots. I was going to put a thread on Reddit but since you asked here’s one:
If you ruin your yo-yo sell it as a “prototype”

12 Likes

$1.39 each string - Duncan cotton string.

Just putting the word “Vintage” in the subject title raises the value tremendously,

Some people get wacky with there descriptions also. There’s an Anti-Yo empty box for sale, seller gives the entire history of the empty box…

7 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s ethical…

2 Likes

A couple of years back someone on ebay was selling a BC Classic as serial #1 (obviously rare :wink:) for considerably more than when they were new…

IMG_0221_v2

9 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Bearing sizes

Abbie Hoffman rocking the yo-yo!

8 Likes

It sure ain’t ethical homie!
I don’t think you misunderstanding me but just to clarify, “I’m not actually advocating to label you auction as a prototype if you botch a mod you did yourself, that’s dirty business.”
However, there is an off chance that this is a TK prototype (slim) as I was doing some digging into something else,I found these on worthpoint:

I actually remember when these where on eBay. They look completely bogus to me. Can one of the TK Gurus chime in on the legitimacy of this “prototype”.

2 Likes

This just doesn’t “spark joy” for me. However I think this is a nice collector piece.
Gold plated Marx Signature

1 Like

The paint job looks like a home brew job rather than a professional deal. The masking line is very pronounced and the paint looks like hardware store spray paint.

5 Likes

Interesting that this still happens once in a while, this was a buy it now from this morning:

5 Likes

Literally how…

If your a casual eBay-er you’ll never see something like this. If I’m home I’ve always got ebay up with a search string something like “yoyo -ma -doll -baby -knit” and I just glance over at that monitor every 5-10 minutes. Go to eBay toys>yoyos then filter to see only sold items. You’ll be shocked by some of the treasures that sold for nothing. Usually I find rare Yomega’s that the seller assumes is worthless, like this Yellow Fall River Fireball also from today:

1 Like

That’s wild man.

I can’t believe people list stuff like that without checking in on the value

1 Like

I got a notice when that popped up. If I didn’t already own a red one it would’ve been gone really quick. I messaged the seller, he didn’t have any more FH1’s :disappointed:

This vest looks like it’s sized for a beagle. Still super interesting.

4 Likes

If you like setting cash on fire, here’s a $150 Duncan Hyper Imperial:

4 Likes

If I hadn’t put a freeze on all spending that isn’t made of Titanium I’d buy this at the asking price.

2 Likes

Get your wallets ready.

6 Likes

Might be better off with a Higby ProFly, little easier on the wallet.

4 Likes