Initial TiVayder Thoughts

There’s a term for pretty much everything. Haven’t you learned anything here on this forum? hahaha

We have the wonderfully versatile English language, might as well use it :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

My initial impressions:

1. It feels light, but I tend to play throws on the heavier side so I expected that.

2. Its very stable, I’m actually a little surprised at how stable it is at that weight.

3. It’s definitely and undersized throw, its size seems really close to my Slasher (which is one of my favorite throws).

4. The finish is really shiny, it looks different than anything else in my collection. I’m glad I got grey, it looks great with colored string.

Which YYSL string is this? It feels like AMMO

1 Like

I’m in love bro. I’m going to start telling people it’s awful so when I can afford to buy a second one I can guarantee they’ll be some left.

1 Like

“Is it really undersized?”

I think so. It’s 1mm smaller than my Slasher and I consider that undersized.

Of course, “undersized” isn’t a great term because it implies that it is lacking size.

On the smaller end of the spectrum is really what it is.

Red is Plutonium (not as thick as AMMO), the others are Type X.

AMMO would have been a bad fit here as the gap isn’t modern-wide, it’s … a … er… “midsize” gap :wink:

5 Likes

Undersized these days is 52 and under I would say 56 and up is full sized anything in between is midsized. If you really wanna stretch it you could say 53 and under is undersized but the Vayder is definitely midsizdd

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this yoyo is way undersized and also a hard H shape.

4 Likes

Ok cool that’s great I just bought some plutonium and I really like it. It has the soft feel of AMMO but feels lighter and thinner.

I also like to use thinner string on lighter yo-yos so the type x should be perfect.

1 Like

I’m loving the type x. I’m not a fan of thicker string unless it’s for 5A.

1 Like

Oh cool, was wondering why I was digging the red more than the blue one (im a big Plutonium fan). Still, fantastic strings, was actually going to mention them soon.

3 Likes

These TiVayder threads need to become chat rooms fer cryin’ out loud…

5 Likes

Hey, you know what would be cool? If you purposefully ran your brand new string through a full dryer cycle. Collecting the lent off of new strings is dooope. :wink:

2 Likes

I like to intentionally scratch my new vehicles so I won’t have to worry about it any more.

9 Likes

Don’t do this to me. After much debate, I got black. :sob:

2 Likes

Man, I gotta check out Type X. I’m really liking this string.

2 Likes

Nah, no fun in that.

1 Like

But think of the lent ballz you could fidget with! Colorful lent ballz! Lent ballz are so c00l, how are you not gonna lEnT bAlL yOuR nEw StRiNgS mAn?

I’ve had a chance to play it for a few hours now:

1. Light, nimble, and stable. The only yoyo I have I can really compare to how it plays would maybe be the Monocle.
  2. I don’t have anything with quite the same profile, but I do tend to like organic-esque designs. I like the kinda flared out rims to give it that little bit of extra rim weight.
  3. As others have said, this yoyo hits the sweet spot for alot of things: weight, shape, size. It feels great in hand, and even better on the string.
  4. While I haven’t played with anything else since I got it, I don’t think it ruined other yoyos for me or anything. And isn’t that what we all do when we get a new throw anyways?
  5. I got the raw because I intended to torch mine, though I like the response so much I’ll probably wait until I actually need to replace the pads before I do this.
  6. Best yoyo ever? Probably not, the “best” in this hobby is always personal preference. Best yoyo I own? Maybe, time will tell. I still know I have other great yoyos as I tire of throwing one or another. But is it a great yoyo? For sure. And at $140 for a great titanium, what more could you ask for?
15 Likes

ikr? They just had to hype up the grey after my black got here. It looks rad, but now I’m curious as to how the grey and raw look irl and I’m second guessing myself :sob:

Black is best cuz Sith are best. Palpatine, Vader, Maul, Dooku, Ventress, Ren… dope Sith with dope lightsabers, especially Dooku and Ventress.

1 Like