In need of a BB'er

I am thinking on bead blasting my yoyo, because it has a bad paint job.
I would like to know how much it costs, how long it takes, and who to send it to.

My yoyo is the energy, by Barco yoyos.
ATM it is pink, with some flaws under the T grind lip.

CAn someone hook me up?

PS: sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn’t know what to do.
If it is, I will move it, just tell me :smiley:

~Born2YoYo

Well it’s about yoyo’s so it’s fine here.

Also I think there is a guy on mikes forum that does it. Lemme check.

Yep. His name is paul williams. Here is his profile.
http://theyo.com/yoyo/member.php?u=2647

No one should shun me for posting that link. Why? Because I said so!  :wink:

1 Like

We dont sell modders who beadblast… So I dont see anything wrong with it  :smiley:

I was just having fun. wasn’t serious there Mitch.

Did I ever mention my youngest son’s name is Mitchell?

I know I was just going with it… Imagine getting a big crate… Inside is a guy and a lathe…

No you haven’t… I also noticed its a decently popular name on these forums… Me, Mitch G… I think there’s a few more…

This brings up an interesting question (I’m not trying to hijack your post Born :)). can you sand blast the yoyo for the same effect? Just curious since I have a sand blaster in the shed, thinking about a DIY… lol :smiley:

Other than absolutely killing your strings, it may be too strong. The blasting may be too big. If you tape up the response, you could do it. If you do it, let me know! I want to see if this works!

Also, it may blast too hard to the point of messing with your yoyo if you are not consistent with the sand blaster.

Sandblasting leaves too rough of a surface. Bead blasters use small glass beads in their media blasters. It also is a very good idea to mask the bearing seat, response area, and inner face of the yo-yo.

You COULD use sand paper near the resones area.

Thats not something you see everyday! :smiley:

Just like a bearing is a bearing is a bearing, A blasting cabinet is a blasting cabinet is a blasting cabine. The only thing different is the nozzle and the media (stuff you blast with I.E. sand, beads or whatever.

You can take that sandblasting cabinet and put other material in it and viola! Yoyo worthy.

Just a thought how does Soda Blasting work, that might work well.

Soda blasting is the same thing, only this time you use a form of baking soda as the abrasive.

That sounds good.

Lol,it’s actually my dad’s. We were stripping paint off of some old outdoor chairs and stuff we had. Which brings me to my other point:

Its actually just a nozzle (tube to go in bucket of blasting material and connection to go to air compressor), no cabinet or anything. lol. Really DIY if you know what i mean :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve seen and used those too. Main thing to remember is you don’t get to keep the blasting material. That’s why I like the cabinet. The media falls to the bottom to be reused. Also the cabinet has a Lexan window to keep you safe. Your’s will have some serious hazards when using. EYE protection and LUNG protection is required. It will still work just fine though. Also don’t let anyone around you when using it. They can imbed the media into your skin if you are not careful. The dust is awful too!

Whoa. THis thread got too popular, too fast.

Does anyone know how much sode-blasting, candyblasting, and BBing costs?

I might want to do one of those others, If the finish is better for grinds, and is smoother, and costs the least. (Preferably)

I think you might want to take a look at google and do a little researching. I don’t know of many people here that can do it for you but you may be able to find a company that does finishes like that for other things.

@Icthus. Yeah I’ll definitely have the protection on. I’ve seen my dad working on the metal chairs and it was nuts. lol

At least you didn’t give me a let me google that for you.
Thanks for all your help guys!

Haha. Yeah. Funny the first few time you see it but gets just annoying after a while. :stuck_out_tongue: