I'm teaching a yoyo class! Is there a way I can get a "Sponsor"?

If the point is to have the students take it home, it needs to be an added cost item.

I would suggest the following regardless if you can get sponsorship:
1: A select of no more than 3 yoyos. 2 might be better:
Say, a YYF ONE with DVD, a YYF ONE with 2 bearings, and then a YYJ Legacy II, just as examples. You can even add colors, but they must be ordered when the student signs up for camp and a minimum of 2 weeks before camp starts. Also, you cannot place guarantees on colors. But also, you have to deal with delays in shipping that you can’t have issues with in this situation.

2: Maybe produce your own tuturial DVD they can take home and keep, just to get started and keep going.

3: Care guide. It was deleted, but I’m working on that right now and should be up on my yoyo site in a few days.(no, it’s not the URL in my signature at the moment)

Don’t underestimate how far these kids can go in 3 sessions, especially if they take it and use it.

wait, then what’s your yoyo site Studio42?

So I took your suggestions and contacted yoyofactory directly. I got a reply from tyler the same day i sent the e-mail and he said he forwarded my email to the right person. It’s been over a week and I havn’t heard anything. Does anyone else have slow response from yoyofactory?

It’s still under heavy development, mostly as I’m backlogged with REAL work.

http://www.studio42.info/yoyo/

That should do it. I’m going to post up “Generic Help” in a little bit. I’m going to start marking that up after I do my “rounds”

1 Like

I hate to threadjack here but the cheap bastard guide is great!!! Lot of fun man!!!

The class project seems to be on the right track. The only other thing I could suggest would be poll local toy shops who may be interested in being affiliated with the camp and your class in an effort to pick up local sales. This is a desirable position for many small mom and pop toy shops that might carry duncan or yomega which also have many responsive bearing models of throws. As an example get the yoyos shipped to the store and have the parents pick up there unit at the store location…at which time the store has the opportunity to make associated sales.
What you are doing is not that far off from what people do when fund raising for soccer or baseball football etc if know people that are involved in those events you should poll them for their experience.
Goos Luck great project!!!