I'm cunfuddled

actually no she made a huge point here and just because she is correct this comment is not necessary at all. Rather disrespectful to one of the forums highly respected users

2 Likes

For most trades a 3rd party is really unnecessary IMO but say you are selling a ti throw for 300+ dollars… it could be applied in a situation like that.

Yeah zakkhess, give me back my mint puffin. Dietz wasn’t in good condition with the one mark. Gave me old used string with the throw and no 10ball in my one drop throw? What?!

“We need better citizens”. -Me

It is really a toutchy-feely game making a trade/buy from some username you do not know. It always has been, and it will not cease to be.

Any trade that happens involves the two people acting in the trade. Nobody that has done anything wrong will ever read this. Truly, they will gravitate towards the properly-done trades, and try to copy those. Do not expect special treatment.

The real quality of a trade/sale comes down to who is hammering on the keyboard on each end of the stream of messages. You happen to be half of this equation.

If you trust a person to do a trade/sale, do it with gusto. Impress them.

If something is awry, ask more questions. If you are not satisfied (if you feel ANY insecurity about the other person), keep questioning. Or, if your questions are answered negatively or inadequately (mostly inadequately), back out of the transaction immediately. Be polite, but firm.

lt;dr: Protect your stuff and your self, but allow nice people to be nice people. Either the “not a bull****ter” requirement is met, or you don’t commence the trade/sale.

-Jacob

Okay, you want to fix the problems on the BST? I’ve said this a MILLION TIMES and everyone agrees but nothing gets done about it.

The 30/30 rule.

To use the BST, you have to have a post count of 30, and have to be registered for 30 days and THEN the BST forum is unlocked.

That would prevent SO many scams. Seriously.

1 Like

And this is why when I did a trade I did mine with a person that had a lot more feedback because I knew he was trusted.

I think most people can agree that this is a great idea and would work very well.

Though I know next to NOTHING about PHP (or whatever YYE uses), I think that it’s a simple matter of software limitations.

I still think scammers could get around this.

Yes, it can easily be done. Maybe a suggestion in YoYoExpert Site Improvements is in order.

If the forum rules are set they can’t get around them. But it’s not fool proof. I’ve seen guys wait it out, and I’ve also seen guys who have golden feedback turn to the darkside. Keep in mind there’s no guarantee that a guy who abides by it will be ok, but it’s a start. The main purpose of this rule is to weed out the people who come only to trade and don’t contribute to the forum in any way, which BTW includes a lot of scammers.

A lot of people looking for the scam will wait it out and “play the game”. The kids looking to scam won’t be so patient.

Besides stuff can happen not tied to the BST area in an effort to get around things. For example, I’ve had people look at my collection pages and photos and make unsolicited offers. I find most people then say “thank you” and go away in regards to that path. I’ve only have one guy get real persistent. However, I don’t think this guy was lookng to scam, I think he just really wanted an item I wasn’t willing to part ways with.

I will say a lot of people join my Facebook group just so they can try to sell off stuff. I would assume that some people join here just for the BST stuff. Patience is often rewarded. I will say though that a couple of guys are selling some nice stuff though.