Ilinx melatonin: a pocket yoyo with no compromises

Hi all! You may have seen this yoyo on the channels of the big youtube reviewers (G2 Nate, YoyoJoe, Throws N’ Brews) but I haven’t really taken a chance to talk in-depth about the design.

melatonin is the first major release from my company, ilinx, and when deciding between all the designs I have planned I chose the one that I think represents the ilinx vision most. melatonin is meant to be an EDC yoyo with no compromises, it’s slim and soft enough to fit in your pocket but has a very trick-friendly gap, diameter and weight distribution. This yoyo is the one that I slip into the pocket of my skinny jeans when I head to the office and it’s what I wish I had on me when I was walking between classes pre-covid.

The goal was to recreate the feeling I got from the YYJ Speeder 2 and the Recreational Revolution No. 9. The speeder 2 was a performance beast in its time but the No. 9 is a fun, almost silly looking yoyo which was clearly not designed to be a contest winner. I borrowed design elements from both of these yoyos, added my own flair and then made sure to include the curves and features necessary to facilitate all your favorite grinds. I hate when a yoyo can’t do what I want it to, and melatonin can do everything. Ultimately the melatonin is pure relaxing fun.

Hoping to make it available on yoyoexpert soon!

If you want to learn more then follow me on insta @ilinx_toys and watch these reviews: G2 Nate, YoyoJoe, Throws N’ Brews!

13 Likes

What are the specs on it? Looks fun! I have a RecRev Fig 4, which was the smaller version of the No.9, my first “premium” yoyo. As a sucker for smaller sized / pocket throws (that’s mostly what I am throwing these days), this looks like a must.

1 Like

Here are the specs:

Weight: 67.6g/2.38oz
Width: 39.8mm/1.56in
Diameter: 54.5mm/2.14in
Material: 6061 Aluminum

4 Likes