If you were going to compete

Imagine a world where you chose to compete. If you were to be given any one current in-production yoyo of your choice, free of charge, to compete with, what would you choose?

3 Likes

Haven’t played it, but I think the TiSS Hummingbird would be an absolute beast to compete with. If not the Hummingbird, then I’d choose my Draupnir any day of the week.

1 Like

Any 63 ish gram bimetal would do tbh. Draupnir, Hummingbird, Flashback, Bliss, etc. Even a bit heavier bimetals like the Anglams or Bliss CS if you want it bit more stability.

3 Likes

But what one would you choose?

1 Like

lol idk the only one I’ve tried is the Hummingbird and that was only for like 2 seconds. I’ve competed with Magpie, Cadence ES, and Nightmare, which are all rim weighted and light.

2 Likes

Something like the Mowl Surveillance. I’ve been really getting along with that one. Although, even though I got it this year, not sure it’s still in production. Can still buy one on YYE.

2 Likes

Probably the Top Deck. That thing is a beast

What about you, mr. Clockmonster?

5 Likes

Then with the thousands of dollars I’d make from winning and all the sponsorships I’d get…I’d sell everything and buy a bunch more green throws!!

…honestly though, probably just a YoYoFactory K’Edge. Not the greatest thing out there, nor the most expensive, but it’s something I’m familiar with and something I really like.
Plus it comes in green. So…WINNING!

4 Likes

Nightmare is a goooooood yoyo. I would use that.

2 Likes

Yeah the Nightmare is really good, it has all the speed and stability you need. The only issue is it’s a bit narrow, but it’s still one of my favs.

2 Likes

As yoyo used to be a couple years ago lol! I don’t mind it being a little narrow. I guess YYF has the marco now which is if the Nightmare and the Horizon had a weird, wide baby.

6 Likes

SF Statement :+1:

1 Like

Me too!!

1 Like

Mongu Freehand

3 Likes

Either a OG Radius or Monster EDGE

lol I haven’t actually tried the Radius so I really want to get my hand on one. I have a kEDGE that’s one of my 2 go-to throws (the other one being the tiVayder), so a wider version would help with consistency.

The Good Life Breeze. I’ve already praised this yoyo in other topics here on the forum, so I won’t explain why I like it again. Chandler Steele’s third place finish today in the Nationals (as well as several other recent performances by members of the Good Life team) perfectly demonstrated the high performance capabilities of this yoyo. What an awesome throw to have for a signature yoyo!

3 Likes

I plan on buying a second one at some point. It’s so good.

1 Like

I would practice with a VTWO, a Top Deck, a Hummingbird, and a Surveillance, each for one month straight and then decide which one to compete with. I’m just too inexperienced to be able to decide between them at this point.

3 Likes

If we’re talking in regular production, probably a Top Deck. If I can pick a boutique or one time run, it’s either the 5000QV, for obvious reasons, or this Diffraction 2 from @MarkD that I’m seriously loving so far. 7075, super stable and powerful, great shape and cup design, and, on top of all that, great anno and finish.

2 Likes

Moose or Edge Beyond. I use my Moose for Competition including back up, but my second back up is my Edge Beyond.

1 Like