Help! What’s your #1 Competition Throw?

For the past month or so I’ve been digging around trying to figure put what throw I want to get next. I want to try out competing, but I don’t really have a yoyo fit for that—and I can’t decide what to choose. SO: if you could choose the best competitive yoyo(preferably under $100), what would you choose? I need help!

1 Like

I have heard that the Magpie is really good as a comp throw, bit unstable but who cares, Raiser is a GREAT Bi-metal that is very affordable, haven’t tried it but heard amazing things about the Duncan Grasshopper GTX, yoyo looks AWESOME for 75 bucks. Will edit this comment if I find any other stuff, also, what do you like? weight? Wide/slim-ish? Large or small?

2 Likes

Definitely the GTX. Insane value, and just a great all-rounder.

4 Likes

The new cadence is great. If your looking for a solid mono metal its a steal.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help! I’m into lighter, medium sized yoyos that are fast and smooth on the string. In terms of gap width, I’ve always liked slightly wider yoyos… so pretty typical stuff. I prefer organic shapes, but I don’t mind v-shapes

2 Likes

UNPRLD Flashback. Best comp throw I’ve tried under $100

4 Likes

Well someone recently won a big contest with the GTX, so… if “competition ready” is a requirement…

3 Likes

Sounds like grasshopper may be the winner then

1 Like

GTX, no question.

1 Like

Who?

1 Like

Ti Cadence.

Or bliss or statement

1 Like

This guy

2 Likes

You don’t have to use fancy expensive yoyos, it’s about what feels most comfortable when landing tricks on stage. Of course there are yoyos that play better than others, but if it spins good and you can casually land tricks on it, it should be ideal.

I use myy carpfin

‘the wand chooses the wizard harry’

2 Likes

Carpfin is an xxxcellent yo-yo, I mean it is no Vulfgang 7075 but it is still very good :wink:

2 Likes

Whomst? But yea the gtx is rad. Thing spins for long and doesnt feel heavy. And its cheap

1 Like

HAHA LMAO, where are your comp videos?

Well you can trivially back this up, name one world champion who used a bimetal or even a titanium. Fanciness not required for competition, really…

Only the GOAT Hiroyuki Suzuki

1 Like

eVaN nAgA0!

1 Like

u wanna see boi