If you could only pick one: A yoyo everyone should try?

No question for me: Ti Walker.

It remains a standard by which other yo-yo’s are judged. In an industry that changes almost monthly, the Ti Walker has remained an industry bellwether for years. No other model has remained so relevant, for so long.

For that reason, the Ti Walker will always be a “must throw”.

Others that warrant mention:

YYR Sleipnir
YYR Draupnir

Duncan Pro Z (no Mod Spacers) definitely. Put the bearing and spacers of a Yomega Raider on this baby, along with good cotton string, and you can loop or do string tricks. The narrow shape of the Pro Z on its own makes for a good challenge.

Hmm, I was thinking another direction. The Velocity is a solid, stable, affordable throw that can go from looping to 1A without taking it apart. Lots of fun.

My choice is EH

2 Likes

Turning Point Anubis. I’ve never used anything else that feels like it.

The Original One Drop Project

1 Like

Dark Magic II because it’s affordable, very smooth and versatile. André got it right.

1 Like

I would have to say the too h.o.t. I always seem to end up going back to it

HEY!!! I know that picture!!! :slight_smile:

Getting back on topic… I would have to say the MarkMont Classic

3 Likes

The zerogravity basilisk is hands down my favorite throw (or at least until they come out with the bimetal version of it :upside_down_face:). Incredibly smooth, the finish is flawless for grinds. Very natural feel in the hands, and it’s the most finger spin friendly throw I’ve used to date. Moves quick on the string, very responsive binds. A must try for sure. Be on the lookout for the basilisk-d as well!

4 Likes

I think everyone needs to try a Damian Puckett Wisteria, its powerful, a bit on the larger side but retains a fun and lighthearted play-style that encourages you to go back and play with it. I am having a hard time putting it down. Original OD Markmont Classic is also comes in second, super chill and side effects make its the ultimate chill organic and has pretty much caused me to reach organic endgame.

6 Likes

I really like the shape if the Ti walker, but 4.1 gap width?! :grimacing:

I have trouble with OD 4.3 gap…

2 Likes

Thanks @ScooterSpins69! Your feedback means a lot to me. Basilisk-D is in the works hoping to finalize it by the end of summer. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Maybe an 888, since it was such a hit years ago… not that everyone loved it. I had quite a few and sold them all. Some I regret, mostly due to value. I’ll add the Milk to this as well, but that’s 2.

1 Like

I usually tell most people to try anything from hydrangea but specifically a quercus

Myy katana. a very cool looking throw

1 Like

The Ti-Vayder has a 4.5mm gap.

1 Like

Well that changes everything

1 Like

If i could only have one yo-yo for the rest of my life, I would undoubtedly choose the One Drop Top Deck.

Everyone should experience this pinnacle of return top artistry at least once in their lives. When I think of what a modern yo-yo should be, it’s Top Deck.

Why, you ask? It’s as smooth as can be in every sense of the word. The pyramatte finish on the 7075 aluminum shines beautifully and is nearly indestructible (and that ping! when you hit a nice bind omg). The shape and weight distribution is the perfect balance of comfort and performance, meaning you can push it hard or just chill with it. I could keep gushing and this may not be a revelation to anyone here, but if you haven’t had a chance to get one in your hands, do yourself a favor and get on that.

3 Likes

General yo mini star 2, everyone should try pocket-sized gold.

1 Like