If you could make a re-run of any yoyo, which yoyo would it be?

There are those who believe in making limited editions to give items exaggerated aftermarket value due to rarity (I’m not saying G2Jake is one of them necessarily, just that they are out there). For things that are highly utilitarian (like, say, keyboard keycaps), I find the practice somewhat loathsome. But for toys (and that includes skill toys), I don’t mind as much since I don’t have a strong collector urge that would be burned by it. Others will feel differently, of course.

4 Likes

Doesn’t the aftermarket value only benefit those reselling them? Or does it make the manufacturers more prestigious and their wares more sought after?

1 Like

Having limited stock and runs can increase demand for future releases. If G2 pumped out 1000s of each model they wouldn’t have the same prestige and allure they do now

5 Likes

There area lot of other reasons not to make a run of 1000 yoyos. That costsa lot of time and money up front, it’s a huge risk, and a small company can burn out easily.

3 Likes

I used to do it because it helped sell the last few of a model. At this point I just do it to turn the page and focus on new designs.

The OG banshee was retired because I had redesigned it for the 2018 version.

Same with the OG Elite. But the Elite 2018 didn’t have a real reason for retirement except I didn’t plan on producing and more and focusing on a new bi-metal

9 Likes

Yeah. It must be good because @AndreBoulay uses it in all of his tutorials.

5 Likes

DM2 is available in some shops for $45.00. One review said the clear plastic cap fell off of his. That can be fixed easily. I really want to get one.

3 Likes

I really want a Peak

4 Likes

Really? Where?

3 Likes

Largely, yes. But the idea (for the producer) is to cultivate prestige and community loyalty by creating limited run items that make owners of said items feel special. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

summit

2 Likes

90s: Cold Fusion
00s: Bapezilla
10s: Bliss with Rainbow Rims

4 Likes

I just typed Dark Magic into google.

3 Likes

I desperately want to see Mowl re-issue the red Surveillance, but with silver rings this time!

3 Likes

5 star with the OG blast.

2 Likes

DM and 888

3 Likes

I have a strong suspicion we are gonna see a reboot of the Dark Magic one of these days in 2019 cc @AndreBoulay … I have no inside info, it’s just a suspicion I have…

11 Likes

I will buy one. No hesitation!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, he’s been hinting at it recently.

The question is, will it be as cool as the DM2? There’s just something captivating about the aesthetic design of a red DM2 that I can’t quite articulate.

7 Likes

DM will always be greater than the Shutter in my book

8 Likes