If You Could Have Only One Bimetal

Yes, pictures do not do it justice. They start at 299,000.00

3 Likes

When did McLaren start building in the USA? Where’s the factory?

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same thing because I want a bimetal yoyo that I can feel comfortable taking around with me and not feel like I am just destroying some art haha. I own a Haymaker X but I think I want to keep it on the shelf and not take it around… I saw that the Grasshopper GTX is pretty good. If the price is right I def want one of those!

5 Likes

Same, I was thinking about edge infinity, but then I read someone’s account of how they damaged it and that bimetals are more sensitive to damage, so now I’m still mulling it over. Have fun with your bimetals however you like whether its throwing or showcasing them :slight_smile: (I was also thinking about the Grasshopper GTX, but it’s so hard to choose one bimetal when all of them are so good :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

I was wrong. But I don’t care. Made in England.

6 Likes

Draupnir, definitely :grin:

7 Likes

I was hoping I missed something, would love to tour their factory. Such amazing cars.

2 Likes

AL7 Banshee SS

10 Likes

Yes and it sounded fantastic. Look what I’m up to.

9 Likes

That’s a tough one. I guess it depends on whether this is a real desert island scenario and if I break it that’s it, or if durability doesn’t have to be considered.

If I could only have one bimetal yoyo, my basic answer is the Hypothesis.

If durability is a factor in this scenario, I’d want something 70xx and/or a slightly longer bolt and inner rings… which is my typical preference outside of the Hypothesis anyway. In which case, then… either the AL7 Arbiter or the Exia.

6 Likes

Mowl Surveillance or Banshee SS

7 Likes

Topyo Twin Drive…

6 Likes

Torn between the Yoyofriends Hummingbird and YYF Edge Beyond. Probably the Hummingbird but it depends on the day. Wow, there’s so many amazing bimetals to choose from, the Shaqshine earlier in this thread is stunning.

5 Likes

Second the YoYoFriends Hummingbird. It’s my favourite bimetal.

4 Likes

Have not put down the final BiPuffin prototype since getting it. The nicest playing bi-metal I’ve ever owned.

They are currently in production :slight_smile:

17 Likes

The Grasshopper GTX is excellent value. It would make a great edc bimetal because of the price. I find mine to be really well crafted and it has excellent/well-rounded play with lots of power. I recommend trying one.

5 Likes

Is this CLYW or reykjavik ?

3 Likes

Looks awesome . Share some specs and shape photos !

2 Likes

Reykjavik Return Tops. Chris gave me the okay to contine the Puffin series under my own brand, It’s just been such a big part of my identity in the yoyoing community.

4 Likes

This new Bimetal Puffin revisits the most popular Puffin2 design, being just a hair bigger.

Modernized the shape a bit by making the step bigger while keeping the classic Puffin feel in hand. The inner rim wing design is also a throwback to the Puffin2.

54.18mm diameter
44.28mm width
64grams
4.58mm gap

18 Likes