If I have the Sasquatch is the Gnarwhal neccessary?

Hey, I saw that yoyoexpert is restocked, and I was thinking about getting a Gnarwhal, but I already have a Sasquatch, and I seem to prefer full-sized to undersized. Is the Gnarwhal really neccessary?

I’ve got lots of other yoyos on my want list, and I’m not sure I can justify purchasing the little brother of the Sasquatch. I don’t yet have a Superstar, Skyline, Genesis, Severe, DV888, ect. For some reason I’m really drawn to the yoyofactory yoyos.

id get a superstar it is smooth as ever its stable good shape

None of those yoyos are ever -needed- just wanted. You can perform any of the same tricks on a $15 YYJ Speedmaker or other plastic.

Agree with Apetrunk. But first of all, do you like the sasquatch the way ti is now? The only reason you would want a gnarwhal was if you wanted a smaller sasquatch.

There are many tricks I can perform on my Gnarwhal where on others I cannot. Everyone is different. In you case it sounds like your saying most yoyos perform the same. It’s preference and I understood what he meant that he WANTED those throws. I have been wondering the same thing about the Sasquatch for me because I love my Gnarwhal so much. I think I’m going to get it just because I like it so much and I might be more in the mood one day to throw around an oversized Gnarwhal.

He’s saying it is possible to do almost any trick on any yoyo, its just that some yoyos require more skill ie. a wood. If you have real skill, you can land the tricks on a lesser throw.

The player determines the skill, not the yoyo.

1 Like

Unless you are a looker, not a player, I think you answered your own question, if you prefer Full or Over-sized throws then I would avoid anything undersized. Now if you ARE a collector then of course you need to get your hands on one, CLYW’s sell quick :D.

Just because the gnarwhal is a smaller sasquatch, that really means nothing. Both are totally different yoyos, and can, and probably will, play way different from each other.

yes however the OP stated that they do not like undersized throws so unless they are a collector I would recommend avoiding it.