CLYW Sasquatch 2022

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a CLYW Sasquatch 2022 version but not finding much in the way of reviews. I would like to know how this would work for 1A string tricks as I don’t have an interest in 4A at this time.

The largest throw I currently have is the One Drop Kraken at 60mm, and I only thrown this a few times.

This jumbo throw looks appealing, what are these big boys like, how does it feel in the hands and is it worth adding to the collection?

Thanks

1 Like

I really like mine. It’s deceptively light and floaty for it’s size. I can hit all my normal tricks with it. It gives me more of a laid back feeling when throwing it. Comfortable in the hand, great fit and finish.

1 Like

:flushed::flushed::flushed:
…did… did you read somewhere about someone using this for 4A? Yikes lmao :sweat_smile:

I got mine when it dropped awhile back. It’s a comically big and fun throw, but once the novelty wore off, it’s just been sitting on my shelf and hasn’t been thrown for months now. I’ll keep it around b/c it’s a talking point/maybe if I’m feeling in the mood to throw something absurd lol

Whenever this topic comes up, I always quote @ExYoyoAddict, who said it feels weird since “it’s like a bimetal throw without the rims on it.” :rofl: I’ve never heard a more accurate description of a yoyo - once you throw it you’ll know what I mean. Grab one if you want something completely different from pretty much anything else I guess… it’ll be up to you to decide if “different” is good.

I’ll say this though… after letting a bunch of people try it, there were more people that were interested in the pin that came with it than the yoyo itself LMAO

4 Likes

Have you (or anybody else) played the 2018 ‘squatch?

The weight is the standout interesting part of this to me. Most of these huge yoyos are in the 70-100g weight range, does the 2022 squatch perform worse than yoyos like the Chameleon/North Impact/‘18 Sasquatch? Does that performance hit even matter if there is one? I hated the Pomelo because it felt too light and unstable being that big with such a low weight.

1 Like

I love mine! But I love most zany large throws. It’s slow, and I like that. I have had no problems doing all my tricks on it for 1a (not a ton under my belt to be honest) and I have been using it for 5a all week! It will not likely win any competitions for clicks, but I’d love to see it in the hands of flow masters like @stephencaplanis who likely would create a wonderful freestyle with it.

I also do not see any for sale on the BST, so perhaps if you got it and didn’t like it, you could maybe offload it pretty quickly… Maybe to me… if it’s pink or mint… Just do it! lol

2 Likes

I like the looks of this, and like different/unique throws. My concern is, is this something that will get use or just a novelty? (I know only I can answer that) Would I be better off with something say like a Beater or ?

My guess is that since this is I believe the third version of the Sasquatch, there is a pretty good following.

It’s huge. Been told it feels like a bimetal but as a monometal.

1 Like

This is the fourth Sasquatch, the names are dumb and confusing. OG 2010 release and 2014 are mostly the same except the 2014 model updated the guts. It’s kind of like an alternative Avalanche.

The 2018 Sasquatch is an entirely different yoyo that just has the same name. Nobody ever talks about this release, it’s big-huge and weighs ~80g. The 2022 Sasquatch is even bigger than the 2018 version while cutting the weight down by like ~18g, but it’s still an evolution of the 2018 model. When people bring up the Sasquatch it’s usually in reference to the og/2014 which are completely different yoyos closer to the Avalanche.

Yoyos in the size/weight range of the 2018 Sasquatch are mostly intended for performers. So it’s a bigger yoyo for the audience to see, and extra weight to help it be more forgiving to mistakes in play. You’re not seeing much for the 2022 release because it’s a niche within a niche. A performance sized yoyo with a weight brought down to make it more appealing for every day play.

2 Likes

Thank you for the correction, so how is it for 1A every day play? I imagine it will play slower, how stable is it?

I will vouch for the 2010 and 2014 version. Those are perfection for me. Perfect weight and design for spins that last more than King enough to practice combos. Organicish shape makes it so comfortable in the hand.

Nowadays you can say that about many yoyos, this one just stands out for me. If you can find one in the BST, it’s easily worth $100 in great condition, more if it’s a special colorway.

1 Like

2018 was a favorite of mine as well. Sold it because it was blue. I regret it.

1 Like

I have no experience with the Kraken, but the OP Balloon (66mm) is bigger than the Kraken (60mm) and the 2022 Sasquatch feels and looks significantly larger than the Balloon side-by-side. The 2022 Sasquatch is huge but feels very light.

I bought it for the novelty and have not been disappointed. I’m not demanding much of it with my level of play, but it is fun and doesn’t feel limited by the size.

1 Like

aw i appreciate the compliment​:heart::heart:

1 Like

I bought one of the 2022 Sasquatch as well. I own several of the 2010/2014 versions and absolutely love them. It’s a slightly heavier version of the Avalanche which is one of my all time favorite yoyo’s.
While I enjoy the 2022 version, I wished they would have found a different name for it. The legacy of the original Sasquatch should have been respected IMO.
Just sayin…

2 Likes

Not sure what year on this Sasquatch… but here it is between a 3yo Mega Crash and a Chameleon.

4 Likes

I think that’s the 2018 Sasquatch.

4 Likes

Correct!

i just got my 2022 SASS and i freakin love it.

the guy who was working the table at the Throwdown went upstairs to get the color i wanted so show out to him.

if you like big throws you’ll like this. if its your first ones you’ll like it. floaty and pure fun. doing chopstick tricks on it feels so satisfying. just get it lol

1 Like

Girl-preach GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It’s been about a month since I started this thread but I finally pulled the trigger on a deep purple CLYW Sasquatch 2022. I took advantage of the the Black Friday sale and got 15% off. Now the wait begins.

Thanks for all the responses.

1 Like