CLYW Sasquatch Review.

Introduction:
On Wednesday, September 8th, my dad picked me up from school. I didn’t ask him if my Sasquatch had come in the mail, like the previous 2 days. Right after I buckled my seat belt, he threw a box into my lap. I don’t think it took longer than a second for me to realize what it was. Once I saw the normal CLYW box, and their awesome packaging tape (which I admire), I yelled “YES!”. I didn’t open it in the car, mostly because my dad’s keys were in the ignition, but I also somewhat wanted to do a unboxing video. The video didn’t turn out well, but I got this picture of my first impression on WMM.
http://a.imageshack.us/img24/3637/capture201009080120001.th.jpg
That was my expression the second I saw it. I did not know what color I was going to get. I opened the box while it was facing my webcam, and as soon as I saw it on my screen, my first word was “WHOA”. Also, for those of you wondering, I got this for a prize at DXL. I’m getting too far into this, so lets move on.

First impressions:
As you’ve read, this thing looks awesome, but that’s for the “looks” part of the review. The second thing I did was cut the string, and throw it. On the first throw, I was amazed at how smooth this thing was. I was worried about the CLYW vibe, which I don’t mind, but this thing was dead smooth. It also felt very big.

On a throw:
This thing is great! Its very smooth. like, VERY smooth. It is large and bulky, so its not a pocket yoyo, but also not for faster players. Its a yoyo for smoother, slower tricks. I also found that it was very stable. While its not a fast player, the stability makes up 100% for horizontal tricks. I was able to pull off my longest 1A combo horizontally without much of a problem. I tried on a lot pf my other yoyos, I only came somewhat close on my SuperStar. Spin times a
re also great. I’ve never had it run out of spin except for once when I tried to do Ladder Escape 4 times in one sleeper…

Looks:
When I first saw it, you can tell I was excited by the picture I posted in the introduction. It was a yellowish green color, with a splash looking thing (not sure what to call it) in redish pink color. Looks gorgeous.

Grinds:
I’m not a big grinder. They’re just not my thing. However, this yoyo’s beadblast is about the softest I felt. The only way I could describe it was a “metal pillow”. Thumb grinds are not so great. It doesn’t have a lip, but if you throw it slightly sideways, its not impossible.

5A:
I didn’t want to damage this thing too badly on the first day, but I’m suck a big fan of 5A, I Just had to try it. Personally, I don’t like it for 5A. I like bigger and lighter yoyos for 5A. However, if you like biger, heavier yoyos for 5A, this thing’s just for you.

Overall:
Its an amazing yoyo. You can pull off ridiculously long tricks on it. I personally really like it for horizontal tricks, even though it not fast. If you do speedy tricks, I wouldn’t recommend this to you. Also, I seem to have this preference, and it is one of the few things I don’t like about some yoyos. It feels huge in the hand. I was going to buy a 2010 Severe, but I didn’t like it, because it was just too big. That is almost how I feel about this. If you are picky about stuff like that, this yoyo may not be for you. Overall, I’d give it an 8/10. I think I am not giving it a 10/10 because it feels slightly big, if you like that, then you’ll like the Sasquatch.

PS: I’m very honored to review a yoyo before dryoyo does. :slight_smile:

Quick pics:
http://a.imageshack.us/img535/4783/063p.th.jpg
http://a.imageshack.us/img203/6238/062c.th.jpg
http://a.imageshack.us/img294/1845/061pw.th.jpg
My computer was acting up, and wouldn’t let me upload more than 3. I might get some more later.

Click images for larger images.

1 Like

Lol

link of unboxing,video review? :slight_smile:

i tried one out i found on the ground and zach gomley let me use it.

Wow NICE review! I’ve already decided I want to get a Gnarwhal next because I like smaller, speedy Yo-Yos. But man, this review was really convincing. Great job!