What’s your funnest casual throw?

I’ve been in a bit of a throwing rut recently, and I think it’s due to fixating too much on performance driven throws that I’m either too worried to carry around and throw outside, or, albeit very good, just aren’t super fun to throw. Can someone recommend to me some yo-yos you’d classify as “fun” and/or “casual”?

6 Likes

Sudo

5 Likes

Static Co. Wave is one that doesn’t have a un-fun facet to it, IMO.

6 Likes

2 fun yoyo’s are the Recess snack and the Unity yoyo’s affinity
May also want to check out the Recess joyride .

7 Likes

Panorama/Diorama/Sudo

11 Likes

I recommend the grail, creep, or contact in order of expensive to cheapest

8 Likes

Recess Little League
DocPop Bolt XP
Atmos Snowberry

4 Likes

I’m loving all the organics being recommended. I’m yet to own a throw in that shape.

1 Like

We live in a day where there are so so many great options.

The Hatrick has been my go to grab whenever I just want to have fun. It grinds for days. Has some float. Not too heavy so I can play in comfort for an extended time. Great feel in hand. Plenty of power in a small package.

While they are hard to find nowadays on the BST, the Hatrick 2 was just released. I haven’t tried it yet, but if it’s anything like the OG it is a winner.

4 Likes

The ones I have that come to mind on this list that they likely aren’t marked as ‘performance driven’: Grail, backstage pass, anti-pro, 2Evil (I think its fun but could argue its more towards performance though its undersized), MCMO, Diorama, RBC

Still have but for sale!
cloudberry, goji

Others that I have since traded/sold: Bowl XL, 5050, kraken, pomelo, panorama, noah

4 Likes

Too numerous to count (TNC) in science labs. :wink:

Today my favorite casual throw is the Freehand with the large bearing.

Tomorrow: ???

4 Likes

OD Prescription! Best enjoyed daily.

2 Likes

That’s basically all I have in my collection and it’s hard to pick the most fun one. At the moment I would say the Free Hand One AL is at the top of the list. The HSPIN G&E4, Pyro light and the YYJ Hitman are close. Also most any TK/BC fixed axle to just loop w/o having to think too hard.

5 Likes

RCS Show Pony is worth a look if you want a fuller sized organic.

5 Likes

5050 (any of the versions) 5 star, affinity, DK, Emotion

1 Like

Weekender

1 Like

Sigh… I wish.

1 Like

My Panorama always reminds me to not take it too seriously and just have some fun

2 Likes

TiVayder, armament reloaded

1 Like

Seeing lots of Panorama recs in here.

2 Likes