Iceberg problem

Anyone else have a problem with the iYoyo Iceberg becoming responsive? This has happened over and over in a way that no other yoyo of mine has done. Usually, cleaning the bearing thoroughly with lighter fluid has taken care of the problem, but this time nothing works.

I’ve tried other bearings, other strings, dry and lubed bearings, concave, center track, different kinds of strings, etc… This time, nothing works. I’ve got many other yoyo’s that do not have this problem, at all.

Haven’t redone/replaced the response stickers, as my assumption is that response should lessen with use.

Thinking about ordering another…but curious is whether my Iceberg is a one-off lemon, or if others have this same problem with theirs.

2 Likes

I have an iceberg and a classic, no issues to speak of. I ran into the same thing with a yoyo that was overtightened - the outer race of the bearing was catching on the outside of the bearing seat near as I could tell.

1 Like

Many thanks - I’ll check that on mine.

This also happened to mine, but I have found no solution

I had the same problem with a Magicyoyo Shark Honour, and was able to correct it by sanding down the pieces on each yoyo half that protrude from the yoyo into the bearing. It worked great on the MYY, but not the Iceberg (not to mention, it is harder on the Iceberg to get a good, firm ‘purchase’ with the sandpaper on those sections than it was on the MYY).

Then again, once the MYY was corrected, it didn’t go back to it’s old ways. My Iceberg seems to have a split personality, haha :)))